Winter Rally favorites?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Winter Rally favorites?

Post by Ringnalda »

All,

Hopefully lots of you have blocked off some time to visit Detroit this weekend! I just thought I would put my itinary on here in the hopes of meeting up with as many of you as possible in as many places as possible. I will arrive at the hotel just after noon, and will hopefully meet people at the hotel around 2pm to go to the Novi and the motorcycle show. I have one extra ticket, call it a door prize for a needy ICOA member... email me if interested.

Then Saturday AM see the market, and perhaps earlier than noon go to the Henry Ford museum.

There will be a board meeting on Saturday at 6pm followed by dinner at a venue to be decided. The board meeting will be open so any interested members will be welcome to participate, raise questions, bring suggestions, etc.

Hope to see many of you there,

Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Winter Rally favorites?

Post by Larry Zimmer »

All, Yes, we will plan to stop at the motel between 2:00-2:30 to re-group; and, gather those who have arrived to go from there to the bike show. It is 10 - 15 minutes from the motel. I'm thinking dinner about 7:30 Friday night. Leave from the motel to go to CJ's Microbrew on Beck Rd http://cjsbrewery.com/ -- about 10 minutes from motel. Saturday night at Karl's Cabin at 7:45 http://karlscabin.com/ . Hopefully, some locals can join us.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Just a little interesting tidbit: The name Novi comes from the railroad, as there was a depot in the area where the city now is. That was depot No VI.
There is an excellent steahouse in Novi that carries a reference to the history of the name: The No VI Chop House

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Well, we didn't eat at any place as nice as the NO VI Chop House, but we made up for it with a quality group.

I won't name the guilty people who showed up, as I'd most likely forget someone, but we had a nice time. Larry found some good grub, we toured The Rouge assembly plant, spent several hours in the Ford Museum, and even went to the International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI.

It was good to see folks again, some of whom I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Susan and I are looking forward to next year already!
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

It was great to see all you guys again ... albeit with few CBXs around (ok, there was a foot of snow on the ground)!! Good idea to have the gathering on the same weekend as the Motorcycle Show, I enjoyed that!

Best, IAN
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Link to Rally Report for a few photos of the gathering: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8197
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”