ICOA History

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

ICOA History

Post by Ringnalda »

As some of you know we are busy with archiving some of the club's history and putting it into a place where club members can access it. We would like this archive to be complete, with a complete set of CBXPress etc... available as PDF.
Discussions with some club members in Michigan have revealed some issues of "CBXcaliber" which may have been the forerunner of the "International CBX Owners Association" publication. It looks like this was run out of Michigan. Does anyone have any copies of these early newsletters that could be used for scanning and sent back, or even donated to the club? Your contributions would be much appreciated.
Any other useful information about the club's history is very welcome.

Thanks, Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

jimmyc
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: ICOA History

Post by jimmyc »

Hi,
Just say this post while I was searching for the correct spelling of CBXcaliburs.
Forgive me if I don't have this 100%.
Back in 1979, right after I had bought a new '79, I founda tiny add in the back of a motorcycle mag starting a guys wanting to start s CBX club. His name was Dan ( can't remember last name right now, remember it was the '70s). After contacting him, he make myself and ( the other guy that called) Kevin Nugent vice- presidents of the club. Dan was from Detroit, worked in one of the GM plants building trucks, and Kevin was from Avon- on - Lake, Ohio and myself from Pittsburgh.

I remember done of the troops were did.
The Honda plant on Ohio. There where building Goldings there's at the time. We did a TRIP to Indy for 500. And Dan came down to Pittsburgh one time to do an iron butt
From Pittsburgh to Gatlinburg and back( we did the 1000 miles in 21 hrs.) I feel out of touch with both of them a few years later.

Note: if anyone notes of them I would love to reconnect with them again.
Yes, I do have the first few ( most likely all of them) news letters. I'll have to hunt them down.

And yes, I still have that same bike from 79. It was the first one into western pa. My uncle was the local Honda dealer at the time.

Feel free to email me at
jimmyc257@gmail.com. Or
jcastriota@email.com

jimmy da fish.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Good story on your early days of CBX ownership, Jimmy.
I hope you are successful in finding some info on the other owners.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Dan Phelps is his name and haven't heard of him in years. We met at a meeting in Mentor Ohio in about 1980. I still have all the Xcaliber magazines. I'm from up near Clarion-we've spoken a few times.

Dave

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

That right Dave. Good to hear from ya, hope all is good with you.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”