Any good stories lately?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Any good stories lately?

Post by sr71cbx »

Last edited by sr71cbx on Thu May 20, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Elmore
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Chatting With A Harley Rider

Post by Ken Elmore »

Hey Mark,

The next time you SoCal Xers have a small weekend gathering--see if you can put out the info a little sooner. I would come over from PHX for the weekend and meet up with you guys. I grew up in Simi Valley and still have family & friends all around the area. You could see one of my X's screaming up Hollywood Way!!! 8)

Recently I was riding my black Marysville 80 and pulled up next to a Harley rider at an intersection in Mesa, AZ. This is one of those 300+ pound guys who has to keep his feet close to the ground, even when he is slowly rolling forward in traffic. We stopped next to each other and I nodded to him after pulling up my helmet visor. He looked at me like gum on his shoe and yelled, "you should get an American bike!" I laughed and fired back, "this bike was made in Ohio..... and you should learn how to ride!" :twisted: With that the light changed and a CBX left him in a cloud of construction dust as he struggled to shift into first gear. It's all good! Lesson: New riders should never talk trash to the 20+ yr veterans, no matter what they are riding. :) :) :)

I really do get a kick out of all the new-comer Bozos riding high-dollar Harleys with about 750 miles on the clock!!!

See you SoCal guys in DV, Ken
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

CBX-CLUB Deutschland 844, der einzige Ami

Ride Hard, Be Cool

(3) 79's, (2) 80's, (1) 81, (2) 82's

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Picken On Harley Dudes!

Post by Tom Whaley »

Hey Ken, I had the same type of thing happen to me a while back. I was just pulling onto a local freeway and there was about a half dozen or so Harleys in front of me :roll: They all opened the ole throttles and made lots of noise and took off :) Being the kind of guy I am I had to hammer down just to let them know that those old Harleys ain't so fast :twisted: At about 85 five or so I ran right up on them and they pulled into the slow lane and let me fly right on by. Oh, BTW :!: I wasn't on my CBX and I never did tell the wife that her Deville Northstar kicks Harley ass big time :lol:
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

Last edited by sr71cbx on Thu May 20, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

John S. (5594)
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Another Black Marysville A Model Owner ....

Post by John S. (5594) »

Hi Folks,

I too have one of those black Marysville beauties. After a nice ride in the hills above San Jose today it now has 2600 original miles showing on the clock (total mileage). Almost like riding a new bike.

Posted this poor digi-pic (taken this afternoon) on the "Album" page:

Stopped by the Harley Davidson dealership a couple weeks back and they loaned me one of these for an extended test ride:

Interesting bike and one of the few "Harleys" I could see in my garage (heck - one of my helmets even match). Just not nearly as much fun to ride as that new/old CBX though :)

Cheers,

John

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

Last edited by sr71cbx on Thu May 20, 2004 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Elmore

Beautiful Black 80 With Sport Bars

Post by Ken Elmore »

Steve,

That is a great Marysville bike. I love the black 80's. They are my absolute favorite, but I also love the silver 79's and and the white 82's---- and all other CBX's in general. I hope this is not a medical condition!!!! Your bike is gorgeous and looks great with the Euro bars. I was just up in Sunnyvale last week working, right in your area.

I hope to see you at an upcoming rally.

Rock-N-Roll, Ken
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

Ride Hard, Be Cool

Ken Elmore

Pay Attention

Post by Ken Elmore »

John,

Sorry, I did not mean to call you "Steve." I should pay attention to what I am doing. When I meet you, feel free to call me by someone else's name, at least once. :)

Take Care, Ken
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

Ride Hard, Be Cool

John S. (5594)
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

No Worries ....

Post by John S. (5594) »

Not a problem Leroy - though I never screw up on names myself :)

I like the Z Models too - have a couple of 'em. My favorite rider these daze:

Rode it down to Morro Bay last year - first CBX event for this new owner. Unfortunately I was sick as a dog that weekend - but the weather was nearly the best I have seen there that time of year. Hopefully I'll be in better shape for this year's event.

All the best Ken - perhaps I'll see you there,

John

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”