Sweet!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Sweet!

Post by cbx6ss »

Note: This thread was moved to the main discussion area so more would see it and be able to comment. Hope no one minds. Moderators

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Check this one out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... otohosting

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

:| :| :? I am not so sure that I like it. Too much stuff that is very personal taste.

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

As always, it will be interesting to see what it sells for.

I like the pipes. Factory sport kit is a nice addition. Also like how they added QOHC to the tank graphics.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

So, what is QOHC supposed to mean?? Quad Overhead Cam? :roll: I wouldn't think technically the CBX qualifies for that moniker. I have two vehicles with 4 cams. But they have V engines.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I think that's "queer" ( meaning "unusual" not the coloquial meaning.. :shock: ) overhead cams Mike...... :lol:

xrider357
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by xrider357 »

I think with a different price tag it might look a little better to us. Has a lot of the technical features/upgrades available for the X. I never like analyzing someone's ride, because its is a personal thing and who knows why we do what we do to our X's. I'll go out on a limb with the rest and say I bet this X performs well and is a blast to ride. I get the feeling the look we're seeing is a put together for sale look. It does look a bit different and it's not the photo.......... I think once purchased(but not at that price) and ridden it could take on a different look. Kind of hard to explain, but that's my story............

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I totally agree xrider357, part of the biking mystique is doing it your ( or my) way. The only time that comes into check is when you attempt to sell your personal creation.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

xrider357 wrote:I think with a different price tag it might look a little better to us. Has a lot of the technical features/upgrades available for the X. I never like analyzing someone's ride, because its is a personal thing and who knows why we do what we do to our X's. I'll go out on a limb with the rest and say I bet this X performs well and is a blast to ride. I get the feeling the look we're seeing is a put together for sale look. It does look a bit different and it's not the photo.......... I think once purchased(but not at that price) and ridden it could take on a different look. Kind of hard to explain, but that's my story............

I admire your viewpoint, sentiment, fair play and ability to put all our CBX creations into a wonderful perspective.....I wish I could that!!!

I have to believe this CBX might disappoint at speed on the straights or twisties due to having what appears to be 35mm forks, a non adjustable other than spring Progressive type rear shock and a single caliper front brake. It does have a fork brace which in my case was never was able to overcome the 35mm fork flex.

How bad .....you might be thinking......with nearly this same setup my early model wobbled going uphill at speed in the twisties of Rt250 up to the Blue Ridge in the very early 90s on a rally sport ride (3 plus miles of heaven btw). This was with with a steering damper, gusseted frame, bridged stock swingarm which this bike does not appear to have.

Perspective here.....there are plenty of stock/near stock early model owners that have never had straight line or handling problems in the twisties at speed ....I am not one of them ....and I have seen more than a few stock/near stock early models "out of shape" on rides at our rallies over the years.....mine included :yikes::yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Looks are indeed personal, butttt I can say with certainty this one is ahead of an early model featuring a wrinkle paint job at St. Clairsville National way back in the mid 1990s.

Price....two great 80s with all the right equipment that did handle went unsold at the 2003 Marlinton National for $2800......so what do I know?

Great post and topic

Best

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Mike Barone #123 wrote: and a single caliper front brake.

Mike

Looks to me that it has two calipers, one on the left and one on the right :wink:

In my first response, I didn't even consider any technical issues but made a comment based just an the looks. One thing, however, that contributes to the - at first glance - weird appearance is the small front wheel. It looks to me that this could be as small as 16 inches. That will definitely NOT help the handling. If you guys remember, Honda took a beating with the VF1000F Interceptor which had a front wheel smaller than the rear and had some really strange behavior quirks because of that. I have a VF1000R which does the same stuff. It exhibits a sudden "fall" into turns and it raises in the rear under breaking more than I like it to. I would bet that this bike handles worse than a stock one.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”