Coast to Coast ride, or Geezers on Wheezers

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Coast to Coast ride, or Geezers on Wheezers

Post by Rick Pope »

Memebers and guests,

We leave in 3 days, on our trusty steeds, the might CBXs. Here's just a teaser of what we're going to find as we meander across this great land:

We have a small core group of perhaps a dozen folks who are going the whole distance, so it will be easy to remember those faces and names. But each day, folks will join or leave us, as they can only manage a short time away from work/family. I expect the group to sometimes be as many as 30 folks, maybe more.

I'm getting e-mails and phone calls from all over North America, from riders interested in joining us for a day or 3. And offers to help.

Just yesterday I got a call from a fellow in Illinios offering to meet us for ice cream and lead us on the "old US 50" to our evenings destination. Another member from Kansas has set up a Kansas style BBQ and bike show at the local American Legion for us. Two members from Colorado have offered to guide us around the construction and show us some great sights and roads. And then there's the California folks, especially Terry Lawley, who are doing so much to make this trip go smoothly.

One of the riders is taking a laptop and will be posting a daily log to various groups. I'l twist his arm and see if he can post here too.

Maybe we'll see ya on the road,
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

D Raye

Post by D Raye »

Hi Rick

I don't know you personally yet, but I do know this is a historic CBX adventure that may never be repeated again. I missed Morganton and do not intend miss being on this ride for the section from Winchester west. I can imagine just how much work this has been for you and all those that have helped you.

What a great club, great member and super events.

DRaye

IOWACBXER
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by IOWACBXER »

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the CBX was ready for the C2C, but it ran like S#!T on the way to work today. Idled well, sputters when accelerating at low revs, pulls to 5K rpm and then sputters again. Feels like it is starving for fuel!! Doing the last minute scramble to get out of the office and may not have time to troubleshoot the CBX. O well, I ordered tires for the Superhawk today (just in case). If the CBX isn't ready, I can still get there from here.

I am just venting. It is hard to complain much when I am blessed with 2 great streetbikes that SHOULD be capable of the C2C. I sure would like to take a CBX on the rally.
John Janosik ICOA 4247 S.E. Iowa

IOWACBXER
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by IOWACBXER »

Gott 'er fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kink in choke cable holding chokes 1/2 way closed. Getting on the 81 CBX now to catch the C2C in Tipton, Mo. :D

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Janosik ICOA 4247 S.E. Iowa

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”