WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE MORGANTON RALLY

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Turbine Cowboy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE MORGANTON RALLY

Post by Turbine Cowboy »

:shock: The reasons I like the rally:

1. Been going to the East Coast Rally now for 5years and its a long, long, long drive from Cajun country where I live. ( that ought to tell you something)

2. Lots of CBX's with folks trading and selling parts or bikes.

3. Cold keg of beer (soda's for those folks just out of detox) during the rally.

4. Great riding areas. Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, various back roads.

5. Crazy bunch of Canadians show up every year and crash the rally.

6. Various group rides with varying degrees of experience. (If you want fast but fairly safe, then ride with the Canadians and Cajuns) WARNING: Follow the cajuns not the Canadians. They are just digging their bikes out of the snow as we speak and it takes them toward the end of the rally before they can really ride good. Here in Louisiana the temp has been in the mid 90's.

7. Morganton has a bike night at a local bar that has the best damn chicken wings you ever ate.

8. The Hotel accommadations are first rate and its not a 15 mile bicycle ride up hill to the hotel either.

9. We have started a party theme for the rally each year. This year its "Those Crazy Irish" Decorate your hotel window up with this theme and include pic's and other items from your home and the best decorated window and door is going to win a really great prize this year. And I mean really nice prize!

10. You will get to meet me, one of the most knowledable motorcycle nut around and of course I bring my side kick along too. Plus you can see one of the fastest production motorcycle's ever made. (My bike).......

11. Then we are going to have some biker games going on also. Oops just remembered to pack the twister game.....lol

12. At night everyone that is a true rally enthusists, shows up at ground zero for late night bike discussions. Its even been known that strange things have happened with inflatable palm trees.........

13. The list goes on an on, but I have not finished packing and doing up the load plan for my trailer and truck yet. See I start planning for the next years rally the week after I get back this years rally.
My other scooter is a Hayabusa!

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”