Mirrors Needed

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Mirrors Needed

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

I need to get several sets of mirrors for my bikes. I thought I wanted bar end mirrors but have since decided I don't have enough room for them (stick out to the side and I am very space short in the garage).

I would like to find some that are shorter than normal. I'm not sure if I want rectangular or round.

Opinions, about mirrors, would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Hello Tom, the one thing I have found throughout the years is that the aftermarket mirrors are about 1/5 th the cost of buying from Honda.

In the past I have bought some OEM Jap mirrors at the salvage yards for a fraction of the new OEM stuff, I think the early 80's Honda VF's rectangle mirrors look good if you want to change to the rectangle mirror.

I'll see what I have laying around and post a pic for you Tom.

jb

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Mirrors Needed

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Tom Neimeyer wrote:I need to get several sets of mirrors for my bikes. I thought I wanted bar end mirrors but have since decided I don't have enough room for them (stick out to the side and I am very space short in the garage).

I would like to find some that are shorter than normal. I'm not sure if I want rectangular or round.

Opinions, about mirrors, would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Tom

Bar end mirrors can be folded up and over the bars/clipons for transportation on trailers or getting into and out of garages. It's part of the design and takes a second or less to do.

You can also reduce width of the barends a bit by rotating the mirror part so the thick part is closest to the tank vs the other way. (see photo)

Bar ends give the CBX a much cleaner and lower look which is a plus in my view and they are inexpensive at $45 a pair or so, buttttt if you are not planning to ever pass anyone slow enough to have to check your right mirror ....you can cut the cost in half and mount only one on the left

Mike

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”