Newbie here......

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
dano
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Newbie here......

Post by dano »

I'm 50 yrs. old, been riding on/off-road motorcycles for over 42 of those yrs. Been riding on the street for 35 yrs.

I currently own an '03 BMW R1150RT and an '03 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R.

I used to own an '82 CBX. Bought it from the original owner back in 1989 (I think) for $1800.00 and it had 3615 miles on it. It was stock as a rock, except for a sheepskin seat cover. It was pristine as could be. It was about 99.5% perfect condition.

Only mods to my CBX were the addition of some VDO gauges, such as an analog clock, oil temp., and head temp gauge. I rode it on and off at times, and put on approx. 10K miles over a 12 yr. period or so.

For a variety of reasons (not all good ones) I sold my beloved CBX in 2001. Sold it for $4500.00.

Ever since, I have regretted it bigtime. I've owned so many bikes over the years, I've lost count, a longtime ago. But....of all those bikes, I've always had a sweet spot in my heart for that CBX.

The CBX did a lot of things well. It wasn't the fastest thing around, nor was it the best handling of them. But....it suited me just fine.

While I did own it, I took some very nice color photos of it and had them enlarged to 8x10's. I'm soooo glad that I did that! Those are what keeps it alive in my heart and soul.

Someday, I hope to once again, be able to own a CBX. The '82 was my favorite year of them all.

The Honda CBX was, still is, and always will be, a classic example of "rolling art". It's more than just a motorcycle. It's a state of mind! :thumupp:

Please pardon my manners. I forgot to say "Hi".

Hi to all......... :D
Speed kills......but only the dumb and inexperienced.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Dano,

You sound like me. I've been riding for years, I've owned lotsa CBX's, but my favorites were stock 82's. I finally found another '82 for $3000 on e-bay and am exstatic. The '81 is drab, and the '79,80's just aren't as swoopy. Even though I have six (such a nice number) of them now, the stock '82 is my favorite. My advice is-buy another CBX. 100 years from now none of this really matters so be happy now.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

"The Honda CBX was, still is, and always will be, a classic example of "rolling art". It's more than just a motorcycle. It's a state of mind!"

True true! I'm lucky enough to have a 79 and an 82, love them both. Rode the nekkid 79 from CA to Glacier and back last year and I'm taking the 82 this summer on a 4,000 miler thru eight states to visit Glacier again, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Crater Lake, Lassen, etc etc. :D Ride em if ya got em!
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

IOWACBXER
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by IOWACBXER »

George,

http://www.interl.net/~jjanosik/images/81cbxjej.BMP

DRAB??????????????????

http://www.interl.net/~jjanosik/images/79cbx.jpg

NOT SWOOPY???????????????????????

I am here tell ya that the 79 and 81 CBX are among the most sexy, most silver, most red (candy glory red no less), most undrab, .......don't know about swoopy...., most exciting, did I say most sexy ?, motorcycles on this planet. :P

Are you still planning to ride most of the C2C? Hope to see you when I join the group in Missouri.

Dano,

Welcome!

Sorry to hear that you are without a CBX at the moment. Still, life isn't all bad when you can own 2 other great bikes like the RT and ZRX. Join us at a CBX rally sometime, that is if you aren't worried about catching the CBX bug again. :)
John Janosik ICOA 4247 S.E. Iowa

dano

Post by dano »

John......

Very nice lookin bikes! :D

That '81 caught my eye........... :shock:

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Newbie here......

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

[quote="dano"]

For a variety of reasons (not all good ones) I sold my beloved CBX in 2001. Sold it for $4500.00.

Ever since, I have regretted it bigtime.

>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Danno

Welcome to ICOA. Dont lose heart now..........you get out to some of the ICOA Rallies viewforum.php?f=53#top2 and you will be surprised what CBXs will go for one member to another.

Also keep in mind you do not have to own or ride a CBX to go to an ICOA rally and meet everyone.

As great as the CBX is ........it is not as great as having lifelong CBX friends and the first step in all this is to get out to rallies and meet people.....and trust me your next CBX is out there waiting for you ....and at a very reasonable price.

Mike

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

John,

I plan on leaving from Jacksonville, NC late and meeting the group as they enter the mountains of CO. I'll probably be delayed in the North Georgia, NC mountains for a day then haul out Interstate 40,24,57,64,70.

I might also have to take US191 south through Moab after cris-crossing CO. I'll eventually end up in San Diego where I'll probably jump in the Pacific before returning to NC.

Y'all have fun and be careful (don't do as I do, do as I say).
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

dano

Re: Newbie here......

Post by dano »

>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Danno

Welcome to ICOA. Dont lose heart now..........you get out to some of the ICOA Rallies viewforum.php?f=53#top2 and you will be surprised what CBXs will go for one member to another.

Also keep in mind you do not have to own or ride a CBX to go to an ICOA rally and meet everyone.

As great as the CBX is ........it is not as great as having lifelong CBX friends and the first step in all this is to get out to rallies and meet people.....and trust me your next CBX is out there waiting for you ....and at a very reasonable price.

Mike[/quote]

I was a member of the ICOA (forgot my #) when I owned my '82 CBX. Once I sold it, I discontinued my membership.

I'm sure that this forum will aid me in motivation to get another CBX. :lol:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”