Mid-Ohio Plans this year

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Mid-Ohio Plans this year

Post by Ringnalda »

Posted pn behalf of Craig Schneider.
VJMC-NA
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2019
July 5,6,7
Mid Ohio Race Track
Lexington, Ohio

National call for Display Motorcycles

Honda is the Major AMA sponsor of the event this year with this being the 50th anniversary of the Honda CB750.

Of course it is officially the 40th anniversary of the CBX!

We are looking for about 10-15 pristine CBX's to be entered in the display.

Our tent will be approx. 30'x40' again this year in the infield approximately where it was last year. We are asking that bikes be set up in the afternoon of Thursday July 4th or early Friday morning July 5th before 9am. Plan on removing your bike after 12 noon and by 4-5pm at the latest on Sunday July 7th. For those arriving on Thursday July 4th, I have heard there may be a fireworks display at the track in the evening.

As in the past, I will have limited wrist bands which provide entrance to the show the entire weekend available for those displaying bikes. I will be working with the AMA to try to secure bands for all those displaying bikes and a limited number for volunteers, no guarantees at this time.

Please send emails to me at craig@ntsupportcenter.com Put "Vintage Motorcycle days 2019 Display Bike" in the subject line. Include at least 1 pic of your bike(s) and 3-5 pics if you have them. Some history on the bike is always helpful. And of course your Name, location, and a daytime phone number I can reach you at. I will get back to you with additional info on displaying your bike.

If you sent me bike information earlier this year, please resend so I know you are still planing on coming.

Please DO NOT just show up with a bike for display at the event without having been in contact with me. We will limited space.

There is plenty of camping space at the racetrack, and RV/trailer space if you're planing on staying on the grounds at Mid Ohio, camping and RV spots again this year can be reserved at www.midohio.com. I will have my RV there again this year as well. We will also have plenty of space close to the display in the infield to store your motorcycle trailers, open or enclosed types.

If your coming and will not be displaying a bike, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to volunteer at our tent throughout the event, including set up on the 4th and tear-down on the 7th. As it gets closer to the events date, I will be sending out emails pertaining to volunteering.

Additional info on the overall show can be found at the AMA's website: http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/

Thank you and looking forward to a GREAT SHOW!

Craig Schneider
Central Ohio VJMC Field Rep
email: craig@ntsupportcenter.com
phone: 614-302-5442
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Mid-Ohio Plans this year

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Craig -- I'll be there and happy to help with display/info guide for people. However, don't a display model to show.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

The silence is deafening... So we will have just 4 CBX's to display from the club??? Pretty energetic, guys and gals!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I live an hour away and I have 3 CBXes, 79, 80 and 81 but none of them meets the criteria:
We are looking for about 10-15 pristine CBX's to be entered in the display.

So, I am not going to bring any of them.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

<<We are looking for about 10-15 pristine CBX's to be entered in the display.>>

I think perhaps this line may be scaring folks off.

I would think really clean survivors and nice period modifieds or customs would attract a lot of attention, maybe more than "NIB" bikes.

When we had the big tent with the SOHC folks in 2009, it was the modifieds and customs that stole the show. Especially the Bonneville bike and the pro-street, which got started occasionally. Damn kids.....
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Probably should be clarified, but I don’t have first-hand knowledge of Jan and Craig’s conversation about setting this up. My understanding was that stock bikes, period modified, all-out customs and race bikes would be displayed, much as we did 10 years ago. I plan on displaying my original ‘79 and the re-commissioned Katrina bike, for example. Possibly Jan and/or Craig could clarify any confusion.

Dave

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”