What do you make of this New CBX article?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.

What do you make of this New CBX article?

Postby Montana69 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Here is a link to the new 2018 CBX. It looks too ugly for a production bike.

Do you think they will really produce it?

http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/new-six-cylinder-honda-cbx-design-registered.html
1982 CBX1050
1970 CB750 KO
1971 CL450
Montana69
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: What do you make of this New CBX article?

Postby Michael Vidovic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:04 pm

In so many ways.....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...
Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: What do you make of this New CBX article?

Postby wyly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Montana69 wrote:Here is a link to the new 2018 CBX. It looks too ugly for a production bike.

Do you think they will really produce it?

http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/new-six-cylinder-honda-cbx-design-registered.html

-why would Honda even bother with registering such detailed drawings if there wasn't a motive, at least a consideration of building it?

-timing, 2018 is the actual 40th anniversary of the CBX , 2019 the official anniversary of the CBX I can't think of a better time for Honda to introduce a retro version

-the recent CB1100 retro was a copy of what exactly? I don't recall any vintage honda of that type/size... unlike the Kawasaki 900RS which is based on the KZ900Z1

we'll probably know one way or the other in a month at INTERMOT or two months at EICMA

Dealers I've spoken with claim they don't know for sure (or aren't saying) but are taking a refundable deposits on speculation of production...I put down a deposit to get on the list, I was 3rd to do so at the dealership I frequent...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage
wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Return to Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers