[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
The International CBX Owners Association • View topic - Best Photos of Your CBX

Best Photos of Your CBX

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.

Re: Best Photos of Your CBX

Postby steve murdoch icoa #5322 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:12 pm

Beautiful bike, JP.
Can you see past your shoulders/elbows with those mirrors and your lower bars?
I am using clip-ons as well and have been looking for some smaller mirrors.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby CBXTRA6 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Thank you Rick, Spring might be here in a few days in NC , weatherman said we'll be in the sixties starting Xmas day ! :dance:
(but I know it won't last) :mrgreen:
Steve : the bar end mirrors provided unobstructed view but they are to exposed for damage and I didn.t like the look. The F1 style offers more adjustment and
yes part of my shoulders get in the way, but still offer enough rear view and I liked their look. Nothing will beat the stock set up.
Cheers to all
JP
CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Wheels24 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:14 am

CBX Optwn.JPG
Haven't had much of a chance to get out with the new (to me) '80 and the Canon. Here's a simple iPhone shot from my first ride on it in September. After that, the fall season turned to a rainy mess so I didn't get back out much. More to come...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wheels24
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Syscrush » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 am

Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby wyly » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:12 pm

Not my bike and not even a good photo. Belongs to vintage friend only cost him an insane amount $4K($3K USD) :o

CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage
wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Duffey Lake rd. » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:35 pm

I just bought this 1980 1150 CBX 3 months ago and parked it in the underground in Vancouver.
It's snowing now, will put UK Low bars on it and 81 brake rotors on it soon.
Also, have a ZK 6 into 1 stainless Racing pipes with about 3 dozen springs and BITO muffler that I can switch over to for different looks and sounds.

a DSC_0810.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duffey Lake rd.
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Postby Rick Pope » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 pm

What a pair! Very nice bikes. And welcome Duffy Rd.

Why are you putting on late model rotors? They're much heavier, and offer no more stopping power.
Rick Pope: ICOA Rally Director.
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Postby Duffey Lake rd. » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Oh, I hope not. lol Thought they were a slight upgrade, not planning to go over 80 mph very often.
That's the same bike in both shots.
I like the looks of ventilated roots they are for the front only and they have 4 piston calipers with larger pads,
I can always go back and going to put on braided lines as well.
Duffey Lake rd.

Postby steve murdoch icoa #5322 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 pm

Would love to hear a clip of your bike with the ZK exhaust running through the gears once you install it.
https://www.facebook.com/16430671393141 ... 740205168/
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Duffey Lake rd. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:07 am

That's my ZK exhaust, has a 2" pipe at the end, it came new with oil and carbon deposits so they ran it, looks really cool, put it together in my apartment.
It's snowing here right now but I plan to do a 4K go pro up a twisty mountain road.

Hope it sounds like this CBX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbSOKdJtno&t=36s
Duffey Lake rd.

Postby steve murdoch icoa #5322 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:32 am

Found that clip a couple years ago and have watched it MANY times.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Rick Pope » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:48 am

By "pair", I meant both the bikes Wylie posted and also Duffy's. Very nice indeed.

Duffy, from your post, I thought you were only changing the rotors.
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Postby Syscrush » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 am

Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby wyly » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm

CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage
wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Rick Pope » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Simply fitting braided lines and HH pads does wonders, even leaving all else original.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers