Best Photos of Your CBX

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Best Photos of Your CBX

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I don't know if i have Fickr completely sorted out but i do know that i still hate Photobucket.

Favourite pics of my '79 from a couple years ago.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:I don't know if i have Fickr completely sorted out but i do know that i still hate Photobucket.
I'm technically challenged when it comes to IT stuff it was always frustrating to post pictures...for many years my cell phones were Samsung then I switched to Sony but when I made the recent switch to Iphone 6S-plus posting and editing photos became easy peasy :D ...no flickr or photobucket required...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

A Beautiful Bike Steve !!
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Thanks, Phil.

Robert, i would be a full level down from you on the IT scale but have a nephew nearby that frequently bails me out or shows me for the umpteenth time how to do something on the interweb.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

My favourite pics of the '81.
Tulips in the Spring means riding season has started, unfortunately today the snow tires went on the truck.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:My favourite pics of the '81.
Tulips in the Spring means riding season has started, unfortunately today the snow tires went on the truck.

the fully dressed years are practical for long cruises but it's always been my opinion that 81's and 82's look better naked... very nice ride Steve...where was that photo taken...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:
Robert, i would be a full level down from you on the IT scale but have a nephew nearby that frequently bails me out or shows me for the umpteenth time how to do something on the interweb.
:lol: you over estimate my IT abilities, I've one daughter who designs apps and web pages and another in internet marketing...then there's my teenage son who's enrolling in Computer Science next year...I have to endure lot's of :roll: from them whenever I have a IT issues...

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

This is my baby, down to only 1 CBX now... will follow me til the end. It has gone thru several colors, first pearl white & blue, then Jet black, now this blue & silver which I like the most. The EPM rims will be repainted, the front is still in the condition I bought it after a very long search...
Cheers to all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JP

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Stunning J.P. I love the new paint.
Nice front rim too :-)
Thanks,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

I'm of the same mind as JP - down to one CBX:

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

CBXTRA6 wrote:This is my baby, down to only 1 CBX now... will follow me til the end. It has gone thru several colors, first pearl white & blue, then Jet black, now this blue & silver which I like the most. The EPM rims will be repainted, the front is still in the condition I bought it after a very long search...
Cheers to all
Like a fine wine JP, just gets better with time!

JB

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Dave and JP, it is easy to see why your CBX ownership is down to one when you both have such wonderful examples.

Dave have you owned that one since new?

JP, i may have asked this before but what jetting are you using in the smoothbores with the pods and PipeMasters?

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

CBXTRA6 wrote:This is my baby, down to only 1 CBX now... will follow me til the end. It has gone thru several colors, first pearl white & blue, then Jet black, now this blue & silver which I like the most. The EPM rims will be repainted, the front is still in the condition I bought it after a very long search...
Cheers to all
I love it! :D I didn't go quite as dark as your blue...I need to work on my photo skills :(

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

WOW ! lots of nice looking X's on this thread guys !

Thank you Jeff and Phil... ya know about the rim uh ! :handgestures-thumbup: with great help from you to source it and another friend to fit it, we made it work.... :thumupp:

Dave always took the top award in many past rallyes with his original 79 stocker ! we can see why! :clap: remarkable because this bike has mileage, not just a garage queen...

Peter Gray @ Pipemasters must smile too, seeing his famous exhaust set used in these pics.

Steve : you really did a great job with your 81 prolink, I love it ! a beautiful bike without the fairing. :cheers:
Smoothbores perform well but it took a while to dial them for street use. They do contribute to significant more power,
but at the end, a stock Keihin ramp in top condition ( thank you Dave :icon-wink: )and well tuned is much more user friendly! To answer your question about jetting, I settled on 122.5 main , 20 idle /primary, 23 mm float height. Air screw out 1.5 turn.

Wyly : your X is painted in original Bugatti color ! :bow: good looking, good taste
JP

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

My CBX looks like many others - nothing special. Almost stock.
SCH Rochester, MN

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”