Best Photos of Your CBX

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Best Photos of Your CBX

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Beautiful bike, JP.
Can you see past your shoulders/elbows with those mirrors and your lower bars?
I am using clip-ons as well and have been looking for some smaller mirrors.

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Thank you Rick, Spring might be here in a few days in NC , weatherman said we'll be in the sixties starting Xmas day ! :dance:
(but I know it won't last) :mrgreen:
Steve : the bar end mirrors provided unobstructed view but they are to exposed for damage and I didn.t like the look. The F1 style offers more adjustment and
yes part of my shoulders get in the way, but still offer enough rear view and I liked their look. Nothing will beat the stock set up.
Cheers to all
JP

Wheels24
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Wheels24 »

CBX Optwn.JPG
Haven't had much of a chance to get out with the new (to me) '80 and the Canon. Here's a simple iPhone shot from my first ride on it in September. After that, the fall season turned to a rainy mess so I didn't get back out much. More to come...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary

1980 CBX

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Wheels24 wrote:Here's a simple iPhone shot from my first ride on it in September. After that, the fall season turned to a rainy mess so I didn't get back out much. More to come...
That's a good start, thanks for sharing!
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Not my bike and not even a good photo. Belongs to vintage friend only cost him an insane amount $4K($3K USD) :o

CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Duffey Lake rd. »

I just bought this 1980 1150 CBX 3 months ago and parked it in the underground in Vancouver.
It's snowing now, will put UK Low bars on it, and 81 brake rotors w 2 piston calipers on it soon.

Changed stock motor mounts to a billet aluminum Over Racing, added engine sliders, and changed foam grips to stock grips for a better feel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Duffey Lake rd. on Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

What a pair! Very nice bikes. And welcome Duffy Rd.

Why are you putting on late model rotors? They're much heavier, and offer no more stopping power.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Oh, I hope not. lol Thought they were a slight upgrade, not planning to go over 80 mph very often.
That's the same bike in both shots.
I like the looks of ventilated roots they are for the front only and they have 4 piston calipers with larger pads,
I can always go back and going to put on braided lines as well.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Would love to hear a clip of your bike with the ZK exhaust running through the gears once you install it.
https://www.facebook.com/16430671393141 ... 740205168/

Duffey Lake rd.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

That's my ZK exhaust, has a 2" pipe at the end, it came new with oil and carbon deposits so they ran it, looks really cool, put it together in my apartment.
It's snowing here right now but I plan to do a 4K go pro up a twisty mountain road.

I hope it sounds like this CBX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbSOKdJtno&t=36s

Actually, the Kerker is fine for now, and the ZK could be saved as a spare if it rusts out.
Last edited by Duffey Lake rd. on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Found that clip a couple years ago and have watched it MANY times.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

By "pair", I meant both the bikes Wylie posted and also Duffy's. Very nice indeed.

Duffy, from your post, I thought you were only changing the rotors.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Duffey Lake rd. wrote:I like the looks of ventilated roots they are for the front only and they have 4 piston calipers with larger pads,
I can always go back and going to put on braided lines as well.
To be clear, those calipers are 2 pistons each. If that's what you mean by "4 piston calipers", then cool - but if you're expecting 2x4 pistons, you'll be disappointed.

I had the later 2-piston calipers and rotors from a Canadian CB1100F on my bike for a while, and with the addition of EBC HH pads they worked very well - even with rubber lines. This setup of the 2-piston combo from an early 80's DOHC Honda plus modern pads is my go-to recommendation for bolt-on budget brake upgrades.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Syscrush wrote:
I had the later 2-piston calipers and rotors from a Canadian CB1100F on my bike for a while, and with the addition of EBC HH pads they worked very well - even with rubber lines. This setup of the 2-piston combo from an early 80's DOHC Honda plus modern pads is my go-to recommendation for bolt-on budget brake upgrades.
My recommendation as well. I went with ss braided lines and complete brake set up from( if I recall correctly) a 84 cb750f, a significant improvement vs the WHOA! moments with the oem set up of the '79. Hard to imagine that back '79 I thought they were the greatest brakes ever.

I don't understand why there are so many cbx owners who haven't made the honda up-grade swap. They'll spend thousands on paint, Ohlins, slap on some pods with the inevitable jetting changes and spend nothing on brakes. Good brakes keep you alive they should be a priority. A period correct honda brake swap even looks oem, no one but another cbx owner will know and many of those won't notice either. My entire swap only cost $300 plus ss brake lines.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Simply fitting braided lines and HH pads does wonders, even leaving all else original.
Rick Pope

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”