The CBX has landed - albeit a bit of a rough landing

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Rolls
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

The CBX has landed - albeit a bit of a rough landing

Post by Rolls »

Hooray! The bike arrived today! But sadly, I'm traveling and won't be home until Thursday night to see it. Oh, and to rescue it... the front brake locked up, so they had to drag it off the truck and muscle it to the curb, but there it sits.

I'm sure the bleeder screw will release the pressure, then it'll be the caliper, MC tiny return hole, or perhaps even a flap in the old line. The seller, no stranger to CBXes, is quite confident of the the caliper and mc, and is betting heavily on the less common, but possible, bad brake line. I guess time (& wrenches) will tell.

No biggie. I planned to put stainless lines (black) on the front anyway, so this will just be a bit more work.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: The CBX has landed - albeit a bit of a rough landing

Post by daves79x »

Congrats, I hope! Very likely the bleed hole in the m/c plugged. Too bad it has to sit there.

Dave

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

If just want it moved a thump with a rubber hammer on the side of the calipers will usually free them up to move the bike until you have chance to look at the brakes. Good luck.
cheers Mel UK #1876 :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

If just want it moved a thump with a rubber hammer on the side of the calipers will usually free them up to move the bike until you have chance to look at the brakes. Good luck.
cheers Mel UK #1876 :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Both calipers looked -- likely the master cylinder. Only one -- piston in caliper. Either way, a good exam (and, perhaps, rebuild) of both calipers might be on the horizon. Good 'insurance'.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Both calipers looked -- likely the master cylinder. Only one -- piston in caliper. Either way, a good exam (and, perhaps, rebuild) of both calipers might be on the horizon. Good 'insurance'. Have fun and enjoy the X experience.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”