CBXPress

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

CBXPress

Post by Ringnalda »

All,

First and foremost I have to apologize that there has been a considerable amount of time that has passed since there was an issue of the CBXPress published. As most of you know, This publication is put together by collecting articles from members like yourselves, sometimes edited by my talented daughter Natasha, who also puts together all of the pages with adverts, stories, pictures etc. Natasha is graduating this May so as you can imagine her time this year has been limited. I would feel really bad if we had a folder full of stories ready to go but alas that is not the case. So I told myself I would not post anything about the CBXPress until it was completed and sent to print. Which has now happened so in about two weeks the first magazines should be starting to drop through mailboxes around the world! :-)
This has been a difficult one to put together, as on a personal note, the company I have worked for has been purchased by a much larger entity which always makes for interesting times. In my case it has meant even more frequent flyer miles, which, trust me, I really did not need! I still have a lot of projects I would like to work on right here at home, but time has becoming the most priceless commodity recently. My new garage is now both weather-proof and critter-proof, so at least the projects are dry and waiting their turn. Some electrical work and finish work still needed but hopefully this year will see that all finished.

The next Xpress is the first issue without John Davis; Larry Zimmer has stepped up to plate and is now helping as both membership director and web director. In the upcoming Xpress we will say goodbye to John Davis who, before his untimely passing, was a great contributor, we will always be thankful for the memories and the enthusiasm he brought to our club.

With reference to the membership numbers, the volunteers and the general 'apathy' that we seem to be suffering from as a club needs to be discussed. It is a unique entity, the ICOA, one of the very few model motorcycle clubs, not a Make or Manufacturer, but a single model. In our hayday we have been at a level of over 1000 members, but now are significantly lower than that. There seems to be very little interest in what the club does, Rallies get organized and perhaps 15-20 people show up. I know that because of distance travelled it doesn't always make it easy, but when someone volunteers to put a rally together, it is very frustrating for that person when there is such very little interest. So I would like to ask the general internet-savvy folks here, what can we do? What will generate enough interest to meet up and have a good time? It happened before, I am sure it can happen again, we just need to know what the successful ingredients are. The volunteers who help in the club are down to less than a handful, however the finances are good and we can afford to do some fun stuff. The only thing we need to know is: What?

If you have some ideas, or if you have some time to help out, please contact me. If you have not ever written a story for the XPress: Why not?? It's not difficult, and with everybody having a good quality camera in their pocket now, good pictures should be easy to obtain. So why do I have to search on my phone for a picture of the front page for the Xpress? Come on, you have some. SEND them!!

Riding season is almost here folks. I had a great ride last weekend alhough at present looking at snow outside my window, but Sunday is showing 71 degrees. Only in Ohio... Keep the mighty six running and shiny side up, and again, sorry for the CBXPress drought but all of the articles have yet again, been used in the upcoming issue.

Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Re: CBXPress

Post by Ringnalda »

Has anybody received a CBXPress yet?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Yep, got mine yesterday. Great job again!

Dave

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

Yes Sir, received yesterday ! Looks good, Thanks for the hard work!
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Regarding Jan's comments relative to the Xpress: Anyone having an idea/nucleus of a story, I would be glad to help put it together. Contact me at cbxlarry@gmail.com. Those stories/articles are the big thing missing/needed to publish the Xpress more often. Hope to see y'all somewhere along the road this Summer.

Don't forget VMD and Barber. We will be there. Minimum will be a dinner gathering. Details later.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Mark Crane
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mark Crane »

got mine.and thank you.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

mine came today. I'll drool, er, read it tonight. :D
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Got mine as well!

Thank you
Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie