Santa Came Early for me..

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
gandalf_025
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Santa Came Early for me..

Post by gandalf_025 »

Picked these up today.. A friend sold his CBX a few months ago and when I heard,
I asked if he had sold these with it. He hadn't, so I decided I had waited long enough to do this..
He had them on the bike for a very short time and decided they were too loud for his taste..
pipes here.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to take money out of the fund I'm using to rebuild a car I have owned even longer
than the CBX.. 1973 VS 1979.. Guess the car can wait a little longer.

On another note, I have been looking for an extra Owners Manual I have for my bike.. I know I put it
away somewhere, years ago.
When I bought my bike, I didn't know where the owners manual was and called the
dealer and told them it was missing. They sent me another one and I just put it away.

I have seen these for sale on E-Bay and they are asking some Extreme money for them.
Does anyone here know if they are actually selling for that kind of money ??
If so, I may have to look harder for it.
I could really use the money to offset some of the cost of these pipes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Santa Came Early for me..

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Merry Christmas, indeed.
I am a huge fan of the PipeMasters sound.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

there's a 79 and a 82 manual on ebay right now, starting bid $12 no reserve...I'll guess a $100 does it...which is still $50 more than I'd be willing to pay.

nice acquisition with the pipemasters... the look is awesome but I'm torn as to the decibel level, lots of admirers love the sound but they're not spending any length of time on the z like I do, it does wear you down after awhile...I've considered putting my oems back on for some quiet time but I'm too lazy :oops: , so on those days when I want a stealthier ride I fire up the GS1150ef, I can go very fast without drawing much notice...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

a quick return to ebay and I see all sorts of crazy prices $100-300 for a manual :o :shock: at those prices I'll sell mine too...if I can find it in that mass of boxes stored in the crawl space :? ...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

gandalf_025

Post by gandalf_025 »

The extra manual I have somewhere is NOS.. It has always been in an envelope from the dealer.
When I say it is perfect... It really is as perfect as a 38 year old printed piece can be..
Not a scratch, tear, folded page or smudge..It is as new.
The one on my bike is very nice but it shows a little wear from being in the plastic pouch on the bike.

Too cold here to do more than look at the pipemasters sitting on the floor in my office.
I understand the loud factor.. I rarely ride the bike for more than a few miles at a time anyway..
Can't wait to finally hear the bike howl after all these years..

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Nice score! They're not my style, but I have to respect them - there really is nothing like 'em, and they seem so appropriate on a Honda given the 4-into-4 pipes on the SOHC4 bikes.

Good call on stalling the car project in favor of motorcycle stuff - are they on the bike yet? Can you share some pics?
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Just for backup info, the owners manual and service manual from Honda are available from helminc.com. I think you can get both for about $70.00.f
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

gandalf_025

Post by gandalf_025 »

harvey wrote:Just for backup info, the owners manual and service manual from Honda are available from helminc.com. I think you can get both for about $70.00.f
I checked that web site.. All the 1979 CBX manuals they list are reproductions.. Not NOS....

Probably fine for most people.... But not people that want originals..

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”