John Davis 1982 CBX

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxsei
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: John Davis 1982 CBX

Post by cbxsei »

How about the speedometer - my needle just broke into 2 pieces last week.
I noticed that it was fluctuating between 130 - 180 kph before contacting the needle stop.
If it is already spoken for, can you let me know where I can get it repaired?
Thanks

reverend-ralph
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by reverend-ralph »

Speedo is spoken for. As far as repair goes, the names I recall seeing for repairs are Pistol Pete and someone else--if I were you I would post a msg on the forums and someone will know the info.

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

Thanks Mike (and to John's family for their generous offer). I received a parcel in the post last week. :D
CBX shock.jpg
Of course, when you dive into old bikes, there's always something else so the rear end of the bike is still in bits. Hoping she will be rideable this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

I also received a box from Mike, inside was a dash jewel that I'll be swapping out of my original 79 and I'll use its jewel in an 80 project bike along with an airbox that I needed to get the bike finished so someone else can enjoy a CBX.

Thanks for all the hard work you did Mike and thanks to John's family for paying it forward, I'm deeply indebted and thankful for the meaningful gift and gesture. :text-thankyouyellow:

itsacbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by itsacbx »

Hello, Im a new member and I assume that John was a long time member who was killed in an accident - my condolences to his family and friends.....
May I inquire if the gear shift assembly is available?
Thank you
Al

tcunnien
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tcunnien »

Would the passenger grab rail and mounting hardware for it still be available? Did John's family list and any place for donations to be made in his memory? Since you are not taking any money for the parts I thought a donation in John's name would be fitting. Thanks

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”