Non Ethonal Observations

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
6Pipes
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Non Ethonal Observations

Post by 6Pipes »

Here in West Virginia, 93 octane E10 is common and usually what I run for fuel in the CBX. Last year I discovered that a Marathon station in a neighboring town has a recreational fuel pump that dispenses 90 octane ethanol free gas for a premium price. I started buying it in 5 gal cans for my small engines. This spring when the CBX came out of the basement I thought I would give the real gas a try instead of the E10. Wow, the big difference I notice is the engine starts much quicker and easier. I don't notice any difference in power but the easy starting tells me the engine likes running on the fuel it was designed for. I think I'm going to keep an extra 5 gallons handy for the X this summer.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Non Ethonal Observations

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

We can get Shell V-Power 91 ethanol free and i use it almost exclusively.
Not noticed an easier start but it does seem to run a tiny bit smoother and a bit less "burble" on deceleration.

swarrans
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Non Ethonal Observations

Post by swarrans »

Interesting Steve - here in the UK Shell V-Power appears to have ethanol in it, in fact the only fuel that doesn't is Esso's high octane.
Have you done the simple test to see if ethanol is in there?

Simon

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”