REPRINT of the original "CBX Book" ... ?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

After much consideration, and many people still asking for a copy of the original red Book, I have to confirm that there will NOT be a Reprint version (or a "CBX Book III"). The work, expense, and time that is needed to go into these Hobby Projects is just too great to justify.

I think the original red "CBX Book" and silver "CBX Book II" cover everything that anyone could ever possibly need to know about a CBX ... if I have missed anything I do apologise!!

So Market Forces on eBay will determine the true value of the Books. The red Book is SOLD OUT and the silver Book is almost SOLD OUT everywhere (except in USA). As available Stock of the silver "CBX Book II" are dwindling we are considering to increase the cost to US$65.00/book (now US$50.00/book) to cover storage, shipping, etc. So if you haven't got your copy yet, get one quick!! The 2 Books are 2 separate volumes, both with different contents.

I am presently writing a Book on the "First 100 years of Motoring in Hong Kong" ... I must enjoy the punishment!?!

Best, IAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: REPRINT of the original "CBX Book" ... ?

Post by Larry Zimmer »

From all of us who have had the great pleasure of benefiting from your labors, Ian, a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!! :text-thankyouyellow:
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I'm very sad I missed book 1 :( very glad I have a copy of #2 :D

thank you very much for the contribution to our cbx world, I'm sure everyone who has one or both editions appreciates all the time and effort you put into it.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi Larry and 'wyly',

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the "CBX Book II". I very much enjoyed researching and writing the Books ... I met a LOT of great CBXers all over Planet Earth who help[ed me enormously. The help continues ... Jan at ICOA and Louis of usedCBXparts.com helping me distribuite the Books in USA, as well as Falldown-Phil in California who I took a few boxes of Books over to (during my recent cross-USA trip).

Please spread the word about the "CBX Book II" to your CBX friends ... I need to sell them to recoup the 'considerable' costs in producing the Books. They are sold out around Planet Earth, but were slower to sell in USA this time (compared to the original red Book). Everyone that bought one seems to be happy!?!

Best, IAN

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi Guys,

A heads-up for those folks looking for a red 'CBX Book' ... I haven't seen any on eBay for ages, one here in Britain http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBX-Boo ... SwQgpXAmAW

Best, IAN

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

cbxian wrote:Hi Guys,

A heads-up for those folks looking for a red 'CBX Book' ... I haven't seen any on eBay for ages, one here in Britain http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBX-Boo ... SwQgpXAmAW

Best, IAN
which would appear to indicate that the books may have been priced too low. Which is hindsight of coarse but worth considering for your next book.

Price too high and it results in low sales, price too low and you don't compensate yourself adequately for your time and effort, it's a fine line. I recall paying between 70-75 euros for book 2 which I think it was fair value for the quality produced.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi 'wlyl,'

I priced the Book as low as I could to achieve the following ...
1.) Make the Book attractive to even non-CBXers, to spread the word far and wide.
2.) To try to recoup my expenses on this Hobby Project.
The final Costs came out at GBP38.00, Euro 50,00 or US$50.00/Book (plus additional Postage on top) which still is a lot of money for someone considering a purchase.

I really enjoyed the research and writing part the Book process (meeting a load of great CBXers around Planet Earth, who I can now call friends) ... but I really find the Marketing and Distribution to be the most difficult and challenging. If folks don't know about the Book, they can't buy it!

For those of you who have received your 2 Books (and continue to enjoy them hopefully), please pass this knowledge on to your CBX-friends to see if they would be interested in buying a copy. The silver Books around the World are sold out, with only Stock now left in USA and a few in N.Ireland.

Best, IAN

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

cbxian wrote:Hi Guys,

Best, IAN
Hi Guys,

This copy of the original red "CBX Book" on UK eBay is now at $360.00+ ... that is a new World Record!! Let's see how high it goes!

Best, IAN

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Apparently, I should have bought big! Much better than any other 'investment' in my portfolio. Sorry, mine aren't for sale, though.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

That Auction resulted in a new 'World Record' ... £252.99 (about US$360.00) for the most expensive original red "CBX Book".

Remember to get your silver "CBX Book II" while you still can!!

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”