Meeting ideas.

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Meeting ideas.

Post by Ringnalda »

Guys & Gals, Larry will be posting details for a summer meeting this year, but I wanted to throw something out for next year... Trying to be early for once.

HOW ABOUT HAVING A MEETING FOR ALL CBX
INTERESTED FOLKS AT THE 2017 MECUM VINTAGE
MOTORCYCLE AUCTION, IN LAS VEGAS, ON JANUARY 5, 2017.

THIS MEETING WOULD BE FOR ALL CBX ENTHUSIASTS.

HOW MANY WOULD BE INTERESTED TO GO TO AN EVENT LIKE THIS?

Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Meeting ideas.

Post by RJ CB650 »

Oooh, a toughie for Canadian. Winter means transporting the bike with snow. Plus coming off Christmas holidays means extended Christmas leading to not much of a summer. A new year means business busy as well.

I hope Larry's announcement matches the time off I have this summer for a reunion followed by a bike tour through the Iowa and wyoming mountain range ;-)

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Not in Jan for me.....Florida is to nice to give up that time of the year. If you want to do a Mega rally like the one we did on the 30th birthday of the CBX I would help do one for the 40th if you need help. It has to be close to int airport so people from other countries can come also you need bike for them.

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

All roads lead to Las Vegas.
My biggest fear is how many new bikes might follow me home. I have many friends that came home
with many new treasures this year.
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

Louis wrote:Not in Jan for me.....Florida is to nice to give up that time of the year. If you want to do a Mega rally like the one we did on the 30th birthday of the CBX I would help do one for the 40th if you need help. It has to be close to int airport so people from other countries can come also you need bike for them.
Marysville Ohio

The new Honda Automotive plant is there. It is scenic and not TOO hard to access. Play our cards right and honda probably might even make it a massive event if you contact them. New home of the NSX after all...

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I would be definite interested
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

gak1047
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by gak1047 »

Marysville sounds like a great idea, but not in January. Definitely a summer location.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Not sure Jan was talking about bringing bikes, could be wrong. Been going to the auction for the last 7-8 years and about half those years you could have ridden a bit, but still kind of chilly. Temps usually in 50s or maybe 60s. The venue is what is attractive there. Best and biggest bike auction in the world. If you like kicking the tires (literally) of some of the rarest and $$$ bikes in the world, then you'd like it. If not, then I guess it's just Las Vegas in January. It would be a great place for a Winter meeting though and has been posted as such for several years. The guys from the West coast a scant few driving hours away won't even show up. Just my pitch for a Winter Rally.

Dave

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

May I add to what Dave has just said. There were actually two first class motorcycle auctions going on for four days. Both Bonhams and Mecum.
I may not have made it this year but we were well represented by many of my close friends and they came home with some outstanding motorcycles.
I have been working on a couple of them already. I think I could find a way to get there, I would just need to leave my wallet at home :-)
I believe that Nils saw Daniel's new John Player Norton.
Very Best,
Phil

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

FalldownPhil wrote:May I add to what Dave has just said. There were actually two first class motorcycle auctions going on for four days. Both Bonhams and Mecum.
I may not have made it this year but we were well represented by many of my close friends and they came home with some outstanding motorcycles.
I have been working on a couple of them already. I think I could find a way to get there, I would just need to leave my wallet at home :-)
I believe that Nils saw Daniel's new John Player Norton.
Very Best,
Phil
Just gotta be like me and prefer fixer-uppers. Saves money.... or you end up buying more... Still wouldn't mind going to see some of the rares and never know if I can get for cheap some bit of eccentricity!!

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

There are some real deals to be found there, some needing more work than others.
How about a 1966 Triumph TT Special, original, excellent condition for $7000.00
It is worth twice that all day long.
Phil

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”