Black in '79?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
surftalks
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Black in '79?

Post by surftalks »

Were there any Black CBX's produced in the '79 model? (not dealer installed 80 furniture, but from the factory) And are the decal colors identical to the Candy Glory Red?

I just want to set the record straight as I've had people say that they had a Black CBX in 79, yet I don't remember ever seeing one.
Craig
Dublin, Ohio

ICOA 5921
AMA
AMCA
VJMC - Central Ohio Field Rep.
Pilot ASEL Instrument

1979 Honda CBX Candy Glory Red
1979 Honda CBX Perseus Silver
1979 Honda CBX Black
1983 Honda CB1100F Faster Red (SOLD)
RANS Venterra S-19 N519CS

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Black in '79?

Post by Mello »

Ian Foster mentioned the black CBX-Z in his book and concluded that it was available in France and Germany. It's asnt available in the USA or UK
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Yes there are black 79 and have NOS black fenders and tails in stock ( without lids) to prove it. Been to a couple Euro rallies and seen them as well.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Louis wrote:Yes there are black 79 and have NOS black fenders and tails in stock ( without lids) to prove it. Been to a couple Euro rallies and seen them as well.
Chuck Ewing bought a black 79 trunkless tail at the first Mid-Ohio Vintage Day swap meet and ICOA rally back in 95-96, it was still in the OEM wrapper and box, I passed it by earlier in the day because he wanted $150 for it. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”