CBX Racing

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.

Re: CBX Racing

Postby Gearheadgregg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Glad you found your clutch issue , i was trying to figure out myself why it would not disengage, that lock nut would do it , No worries about speaking your mind here we Americans push our free speech to the edge and then some,Most Americans are sick and tired of fighting every other nations wars, Mostly because a lot of us have military families and kids serving like myself, We are greatfull that last War Monger Barry Soetoro is finally out and it seems little Rocket Man has slowed down shooting his bottle rockets over Japan. Also glad to see the Aussies don't care for Muslims either , Glad to see some other countries with some balls are deporting. Very impressive your law study , We have a massive flood of Lawyers in the US, There was a time 40 years ago in America when to have a Lawyer in the the family was to be proud
, Now ? not so much Most the best Jokes are based on that trade, The last POTUS was a Lawyer community agitator and Fraud. We American Natives dont give a rats A$$ what the world thinks of us, I give up trying to figure out how many Billions we give to other countries while we have starving homeless military Veterans and Elderly folk hurting here. The problem Snowflakes have with Trumper is he is from the same fabric as natives here , And living next to NY myself in New England one learns very fast never get into a pissing match with a New Yorker, Ole Trumper being a Democrat most his life has been trained by the Best he knows every move they will try. We are enjoying his term to the Fullest ! Our Justice system FBI-CIA through discovery by Trump looks like the KGB, Unlike Kennedy Trump was smart enough to have his own security close by. Look my friend no disrespect, Watching the US getting screwed by Trade deficits goes up my behind also,We need to be more self dependent , We have every resource we need here. So be it if every other country does not like us ? They dont anyway LOL , Cheers
Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby EMS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:04 am

Gregg: The times when one Nation or Country had the luxury to "not care" what other countries think of them are coming to a rapid end. There is no place in the world that is completely autonomous economically anymore.
I worked in manufacturing industry a long time and saw the supply chain setup change significantly to a point where it is scary. There is no need for a military action anymore to defeat a country.
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Gearheadgregg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 am

“Deterrence means simply this, making sure any adversary who thinks about attacking the United States or our allies or our vital interests concludes that the risks to him outweigh any potential gains. Once he understands that, he won't attack. We maintain the peace through our strength. Weakness only invites aggression.” Reagan
Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby EMS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:06 pm

What I was saying! Quite a while ago, that Reagan made that statement. You can argue all you want, if it still holds water.
Here is some food for thought:
The largest producers of aluminum are NOT in the U.S. Alcoa is only ranked No 8 in the world.
The largest producers of Lithium are NOT in the U.S. Actually, Chile, currently in the U.S. government's crosshairs, is No 2 in the world.
The U.S. will need friends in the future, not countries they continue to intimidate.
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Gearheadgregg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Mike looking at your profile "OHIO", When you say "They" As a American loving old bastard that i am :D If only that was our only current problem i would be more comfortable, Looks as though America is getting destroyed from the inside out. This political Circus is designed to collapsed our financial system, I have been saying for 10 years Here we come Greece. Sorry to Hy- jack our friend from down under thread, That Miss in the motor sounds like a carb issue :D
Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Warwick Biggs » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:22 pm

All I want is to solve the misfire in a CBX but US political activity is crashing the Oz economy amongst many others and making my task more difficult than it need be. That was my point gentlemen. I'm too old for all this farnarcling and the current political situation reminds me a bit of the shield chewing berserkers:-

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-04/ ... 1/11176150

The truth is, that governments everywhere are failing and the entire notion of the sovereign State is collapsing.

Having already been all over the carbs, cleaned all the jets, re-matched the inlets, checked the boots for cracks and played with the needles there is not much more I can do there. I admit to not having measured the floats but they look about right to me and Roly had a look at them too so they will be measured when I get around to it but I no longer think it is a carb problem as it continues to deteriorate.

It could be as simple as a faulty diode and rather than continue down rabbit holes I plan to replace the entire ignition. This is my understanding of contemporary fault diagnosis; replace every component until you solve the problem.The political metaphor reprised. Roly wanted my CV's but I will keep them in case I need to try replacing the carbs. I will also perform a leak test but have a few more pressing family matters to attend to that will keep me out of the workshop for a couple of weeks at least, so I'm just stepping out. I may be gone for some time...
Warwick Biggs
Power Poster
Power Poster

Postby Syscrush » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am

Good luck with the family stuff, Rick. The miss will keep. You'll get it when you have time for it again.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Syscrush » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:48 am

Do I remember right that there was some musing in this thread about running 3 dual-throat Weber carbs? Here's a video of some ancient Italian elf with hearing damage apparently doing just that in his workshop:

Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Previous

Return to Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers