Tank Bag for Late Model

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Tank Bag for Late Model

Post by cbx6ss »

I'm considering a tank bag for my 81 and was interested if anyone has a particular brand, type, or model they would recommend. Is the magnetic style reliable? Is the tie down style a better choice?
Thanks for any advice.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

If I remember well, George ran his prolink with a magnetic tank bag. If it stayed on for George, it will probably be pretty secure..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

I have a nelson-riggs magnetic it works very well on my 82
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I use a TM Cortech Mini tankbag with very good magnets. It expands some but I didn't want a huge bag, just something big enough for what I need. Found one on ebay for under $50. Great bag.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/se ... atId=40709

Here's a shot of it on my Busa and 82

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... 6Small.jpg

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... 4Small.jpg
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I've been using an Eclipse Contour magnetic since they were introduced many years ago,, In fact, I bought one for Susan, and liked it so well I bought the second one for myself. It would only shift around when running over rough roads on the Blackbird. It never moved when on a CBX. Braking or acceleration had no effect either, even on the 'Bird. Of course I never put much weight in it. That bread loaf size tool roll was pro'ly less than 1#, and the tire irons, security cables, spare parts were all carbon fiber or titanium.....right.
But alas, years of sun, wind, and rain have made it so you can read a newspaper through it, so I just replaced it with something newer and a bit smaller. Sorry I can't remember what brand it is, but it was one of the name brands.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Only time I had trouble with a magnetic tank bag was when I used it on my turbo and (under hard acceleration) it ended up in my lap.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am not very fond of tankbags and only use them if I have absolutely no other means of carrying something that I have to. For that, I have a magnetic RKA bag that I can use on almost all of my bikes (except the BMWs) including the CBXes. Never had a problem. It is even expandable and has a nice map pouch on the top.

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

Motorcycle Classics issue May/June 2007 has a write-up about 6 different tank bags. At least 3 are magnetic, 2 are strapped and one seems to be a combination of both. Unfortunately they do not really compare them to each other.

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”