Sport kill switch

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Sport kill switch

Post by donny dotson »

Just got all switches in , one is off a cbx 550, the difference from the U.S. sport switch is the connectors of course, the on -off is shaped a little different, headlight switch and the start button doesn't stick out as far (I think it's better cause the others tend to get sticky) The CB 1100 FD switch is more like the U.S. version except for the headlight switch with parking light and the recessed start button. Does anyone have color codes or something to ID the wiring, seem like the same colors for all models. The 550 part was about 50.00 and Dave Silver charged 125.00 each for the 1100 FD switches plus shipping. I have a yourapeeing headlight from a CBX with parking lamp that fits perfect in the U.S. bucket so switches will be fully functional and a fraction of the price. BTW 1984 500 Interceptor bars are almost a perfect match to the sport bars (25 bucks), bead blast and paint an the average CBX dude will not be able to tell but, if you have a endless amount of money and your a purist, never mind.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Sport kill switch

Post by donny dotson »

Oops, forgot pic..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Try to get a yourapeeing owners manual. They have a wiring diagram which gives you the details about what connects from the switch.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

If you could scan and email me a copy I would pay you a fee for your investigation, I can't read that.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I will try to do that Donny! My scanner needs either a valve adjustment or a crab cleaning. It is not running too well for me... :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Here is another try with more resolution. If this still doesn't work, I have to send you a huge file via e-mail

The connection is pretty straight forward. The colors of the wires in the switch you bought are the same as in the connector you have on the bike.
You need to incorporate the front brake light switch wires into the connector. But they should still be in there where they were.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

Almost, If you could send it to donnydotson@cox.net, I would appreciate it greatly.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

donny dotson wrote:Almost, If you could send it to donnydotson@cox.net, I would appreciate it greatly.
Donny, right click on that image and save it to your computer. Done.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”