Where do these things go on my cbx?

bhf
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Where do these things go on my cbx?

Post by bhf »

Hi i am rebuilding a box model cbx and dont know where som parts go, can anyone tell my maybe with Pictures that would be a great help:)
DSC_0490.JPG
DSC_0489a.jpg
DSC_0477.JPG
Pictures would be alot of help thanks :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Where do these things go on my cbx?

Post by daves79x »

The wire loop mounts to one of the front coil screws - it's to route cables through.

The bottom spacer goes between the rear top engine mount and the frame and the bolt you show is the rear starter bolt - should be a matching one for the front of the starter that the battery ground cable also attaches to. This spacer is in addition to the aluminum spool spacer.

#s 1 and 4 look like battery box grommets.

#5 is a rubber bumper that slides on a tab on top of the battery box, right over where the battery sits, in the middle. It should have some letters and numbers on it.

#6 is either 1 of 2 rubber plugs that go in the top triangle engine mounts where the crash bars bolt on, or it's the plug for the end of the rear brake spindle. Can't tell from the pic which.

#2 is a clamp half that goes on the tail light bracket.

#3 don't recognize.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I cannot read your post or see the pictures unless I click on them, but #3 may be the sheet metal clips on the front rim of the tank, purpose of which is unknown to me.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Those clips aren't the ones for the front of the tank - I don't recognize them as any CBX part.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

daves79x wrote:Those clips aren't the ones for the front of the tank - I don't recognize them as any CBX part.

Dave

I guess, you're right, Dave. They look like cable holders. They clip on sheet metal and hold on to it with the small teeth and on the other side, you can route a cable through them, holding it close to the metal. I have seen similar things on bikes inside rear fenders to feed wires to the taillight. I have no idea where something like this would be on a CBX.

Littleeagle28
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Littleeagle28 »

bhf wrote:Hi i am rebuilding a box model cbx and dont know where som parts go, can anyone tell my maybe with Pictures that would be a great help:)
DSC_0490.JPG
DSC_0489a.jpg
DSC_0477.JPG
Pictures would be alot of help thanks :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Hi

I have also started rebuilding and found the spacer in your photo which goes on the upper rear engine mount, and also could not find it on any schematic. How did you end up up installing it, I.e which way around?
Ta

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

The engine mount spacer is shown in section C4, page E11 of the '79-'80 parts book. It is the starter page, which the spacer also mounts to.

Dave

Littleeagle28
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Littleeagle28 »

Great.

Many thanks Dave

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”