Removing centre stand

Treacle Miner
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Removing centre stand

Post by Treacle Miner »

Afternoon all....I've been banging the hell out of the pivot pin trying to remove the centre stand...WD40,blow lamp,lump hammer---yes the pinch bolts are undone..any ideas??
Also,I'm trying to get the front indicator chrome 'shafts' apart from the black plastic to get them re-chromed....I'm talking about the thread where the aluminium nut is....I've tried to unscrew it using the nut but it won't shift!!Help!
Kind regards
Chris #29

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Removing centre stand

Post by daves79x »

Chris:

The signals sometimes come off pretty hard. You do realize that the aluminum nut is just a locknut and it screws loose first before you can unscrew the signal? And if yours is a Euro-spec bike, it will have a little locking tab in the end of the signal stock that needs pried out first - after you loosen the locknut.

Dave

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Removing centre stand

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I just opened the pinch bolt bracket a fraction by tapping a couple appropriately sized washers in to the split.
One end of the pivot pin is flared. I will NOT ask you if you are encouraging it in the right direction. haha.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”