82 Manual Download

Steverino
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

82 Manual Download

Post by Steverino »

I am looking for a download for the 82 CBX factory service manual. Thank you for your help.
Steve

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 82 Manual Download

Post by NobleHops »

PM sent
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Squizzymchaggis
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Squizzymchaggis »

Hello, I'm brand new both here and to owning a CBX. I'm trying to find a download of the service manual for an '81. Does anybody have a suggestion or link? I found a link to CBXWorld and have tried to register there but when I finish it still says it can't find my account. Also, and this may sound like a really stupid question, but how do you remove the seat. I have looked all over for a lever or some bolts or anything else that would seem to be holding it on and I can't find anything. Any hints or leads would be greatly appreciated.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Squizzymchaggis,

Most service manuals are copywrited so I am not aware of anyone that allows you to download them. I am sure there is a source but I am not familiar.

however service manuals can be obtained from Helm Inc. Website: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... d%5Fmedia=

This is for a good reproduction of the original and also has a link to the parts catalogue.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Welcome to the ICOA forum, squizzy..

The seat on the '81 comes off as follows:

Loosen or take off the 14mm nuts on each side under the sidecovers. They also hold the rear upper mounting tabs of the sidecovers.
Then push the seat backwards to release the front tab from under the tank and the rear tabs of the tailpiece from the rear fender shroud. Voilà, a seat removed.

Squizzymchaggis

Post by Squizzymchaggis »

Thanks for the info. I saw those nuts that you are talking about and I thought "Nah, that can't be it" lol.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”