Dry Weight Differences

Steverino
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dry Weight Differences

Post by Steverino »

I was reading some spec information and comparing the different years. I noticed the dry weight of an 82 is about 11 pounds more than an 81. Is that true? I thought the only difference is color and trim accents.
Thank You
Steve

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Dry Weight Differences

Post by EMS »

Specs are always funny. There are so many things that do not make sense. Sometimes specs are written early, before the bike is actually in production and changes that occur are never corrected. The only difference I can think of is, that the weight of the '81 did not includde the saddlebags. Are the specs you have both based on U.S. versions?

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

There may be a pound or two in the passenger grab rail and related hardware on the '82
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Steverino
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Steverino »

It's an Australian club, here is the link to the page. The weight difference is toward the bottom of the page. http://www.cbx6.com.au/specs.htm. Is there a difference in the hardware 81 vs 82?
Thank You
Steve

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

In many markets outside the U.S., Honda offered the saddlebags as an option on the Prolink when they first came out on the '81 model. It could be they included them on the '82 in some markets later. The rear grabrail including the brackets on the '82 would not account for 11 pounds.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”