New Fuel

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Fuel

Post by NobleHops »

The POR 15 kits are the consensus favorite recently. Kreem has kind-of fallen out of favor. POR15 includes a powerful cleaner called Marine Clean, then an etch solution and then the coating, Very well regarded. You can buy it on Amazon!

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

NobleHops wrote:The POR 15 kits are the consensus favorite recently. Kreem has kind-of fallen out of favor. POR15 includes a powerful cleaner called Marine Clean, then an etch solution and then the coating, Very well regarded. You can buy it on Amazon!

N.
What Nils said, try to get a strainer for your fuel tap even if it's a used one and put on an inline cartridge type fuel filter or at least a clear one so you can keep an eye on the contaminates that get trapped and change or replace when needed. The crap ethanol gas just causes so much trouble on these carburetors.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Where do you see the o-ring? The only way it would be there is if it's on the strainer end. The strainer fits tight in the tank outlet. Shine a light there and I think you will see it.

Dave

skyman_cbx
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by skyman_cbx »

Will take a close up tonight. the o-ring is on the outside of the threaded nipple on the tank. the brass pipe fits up through the hole so doesn't make sense to have anything blocking the hole. Perhaps the strainer is at the other end of the brass pipe and actually in the petcock. i'll look closer.
80 Honda CBX
84 Honda V65 Sabre
04 Honda Varadero
12 CVO Road Glide

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Someone could have broke the mesh part of the strainer off and all that's left is the base.

skyman_cbx

Post by skyman_cbx »

Thanks Jeff,

Did you see my post in the tools section? Wondering about torque wrenches...beam or clicker, 3/8 or 1/2 in.

Sky
80 Honda CBX
84 Honda V65 Sabre
04 Honda Varadero
12 CVO Road Glide

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

skyman_cbx wrote:Thanks Jeff,

Did you see my post in the tools section? Wondering about torque wrenches...beam or clicker, 3/8 or 1/2 in.

Sky
I have three, two of them Craftsman Micro-clickers in 3/8 and 1/2 inch that cover both ranges and an off brand clicker in 1/4 inch for the tiny stuff, they are good enough for what I use them for, I do still have by beam torque wrench that I bought with my first tool box when I was fifteen.

Have you ever owned a Ford Pantera? Oh wait,, I asked you that already :roll:

skyman_cbx

Post by skyman_cbx »

That's exactly what i was thinking on the torques: Sears having a 15% tool sale until tomorrow - ordered a Craftsman 1/2" 25-250ft/lb for the bigger stuff (3/8 was sold out in my area) and a HF micro cheapie 1/4" that should work for the little guys.

Haven't had a Ford Pantera but am getting curious! Dare I ask?

Sky
80 Honda CBX
84 Honda V65 Sabre
04 Honda Varadero
12 CVO Road Glide

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”