New Member & Happy To Be Here

More '79 speedo photos

Post by vwbug7777 »

Speedo.11.jpg
Speedo.12.jpg
Speedo.13.jpg
Speedo.14.jpg
Speedo.15.jpg
This last pic shows the unit back on the bike - with the same mileage intact :whistle:
Speedo.16.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Re: More '79 speedo photos

Post by Rick Pope »

Wow. You now have a properly working speedo, AND two original keys!

I don't think I've ever seen two original keys for the same bike.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:Wow. You now have a properly working speedo, AND two original keys!

I don't think I've ever seen two original keys for the same bike.

Rick: If you look closely, the key in the lock does not have the shape of the original..... :idea: and I don't think it says "Honda" on it.

vwbug7777

Post by vwbug7777 »

Hi Rick and EMS, You're half right - one key does have "Honda" on it, for the fuel lid, the other has nothing on it. The ignition lock was recently replaced before I acquired the bike but the keys appear to be of the same age....? The lock was put on by a Honda shop in South Carolina, so would they make the lock fit the original keys? I do'nt know.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

vwbug7777 wrote:Hi Rick and EMS, You're half right - one key does have "Honda" on it, for the fuel lid, the other has nothing on it. The ignition lock was recently replaced before I acquired the bike but the keys appear to be of the same age....? The lock was put on by a Honda shop in South Carolina, so would they make the lock fit the original keys? I do'nt know.
If the "Honda" key fits the fuel lid and not the ignition, it is probably the original key. The replacement ignition locks that are out there are aftermarket. they fit CBXes and GLs and they typically have a key that looks like the one you have.
If the "Honda" key also fits the ignition, it is a huge coincidence.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”