'81 center stand

JohnK
New Member & Happy To Be Here

'81 center stand

Post by JohnK »

I know this is going to sound wimp-ish, but I have a devil of a time getting my CBX on it's center stand. Is there an adjustment? The only way I can get the damn thing on it's center stand to place the front on a slight incline. Now I know what you are thinking, that I'm probably a little weak guy. But oh no, I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs and in pretty good shape. So is there something wrong with my bike? I swear on level ground it is almost impossible to get this think on it's stand.
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Rock back,step down pull up.Practice practice practice!
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Center Stand

Post by EMS »

Do you have a Prolink or an early (79/80) CBX? If you have a later 81/82 model, make sure the suspension is to spec, i.e. the front fork and rear shock air pressure is O.K. Same would apply to 80 front end only. Insufficient air pressure will cause the suspension to sag and this loss in height may make it difficult to get the bike on the c/s.

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

centerstand

Post by Jeff Dean »

I would check it closley for cracks, mine got hard to do to, just before it broke.

Jeff Dean #4112

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

center stand

Post by broook »

Yes I checked mine for cracks about 4 years ago when there was a big discusion about it. One side was cracked off altogether. The side stand was also bent and it leaned over way too far. The stands are certainly not the strongpoint of the CBX.

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Center Stand

Post by Jim-Jim »

This also sounds silly, but is the foot extension on the stand fully intact? Without the proper leverage with the full length extension, it would be hard to lever the stand down. Just a thought.

BULLCBX

81 center stand

Post by BULLCBX »

You might want to check your tire size along with you shock. When I purchased my 82, it had a tire that was considerably smaller than the stock size. The bike would hardly stay on the side stand and was almost impossible to get up on the center stand. Also make sure in you have a stock shock that its holding air. If the suspension is sagging, you will have to pick up more of the weight of the bike to get it past the apex of the stand.

BULL
Southeast Region

Atlanta, GA

bfahnest@comcast.com

side stand for an 81 supersport

Post by bfahnest@comcast.com »

Help, I purchased a nice 81 supersport at the Las Vegas auction last week and it was missing the side stand. So I was able to order one from honda dealer. Problem is I see no where for it to mount. Does anyone have an illustration of picture of a correct fitting. I appreciate your help

Bruce

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”