Does anyone know if anyone makes a luggage rack for a CBX? If so,

where might you get one? Thanks, Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Luggage Rack for 82 CBX?

Post by EMS »

Dave:

Are you talking about a CBX1000? or a CBX750, CBX550 etc?? I want to ask that question, before I make a "smart-alecky" comment....

kelsey95

'82 CBX Luggage Rack

Post by kelsey95 »

That is for a '82 CBX 1000. Thanks, Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Luggage Rack

Post by EMS »

O.K. then, I take it you are looking for something different than the luggage rack that came standard on the '82 and carries the saddlebags?

Something that is like the "rear" carrier that was available from some aftermarket places for the 79 and 80?

Problem is, the 81/82 does not have mounts for shocks on the sides that could be utilized for a rear rack. Only suggestion I have, is fabricate a rack and weld it to your saddlebag mounting brackets. Will look ugly, but I guess you are willing to sacrifice looks for packing space.

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

luggage rack

Post by SS »

Dave

Try to contact Chuck Ewing @ 419-877-0943.

He at one time had racks custom built for 81-82 that were very nicely built, black powder coated, and a direct bolt on.

I spoke with him several months ago and he still had a couple of racks left. Priced @ $180.??

He is kinda "special" (as most of us older guys are), so here is a heads up.

DON'T call before 10:00 AM or after 3:00 PM, Mon- Thur. (he is elderly) and works a very strictly limited schedule. CST

He is a very nice fellow, so give him a call according to the schedule

Good luck 8)
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey Blanding
New Member & Happy To Be Here

'82 CBX Luggage Rack

Post by Jeffrey Blanding »

Chuck Ewing's Luggage Rack is "Perfect" for our CBXs!!

IMMACULATE construction and LOOKS. If you'll be at Marlinton, you can see one on my '82 CBX.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Luggage Rack

Post by EMS »

I'm not so sure, whether I would call Chuck's rack a "luggage" rack. I looked into this once to use it as a base to attach a passenger back rest for my 81. It seemed to be a little on the light side even for this purpose. And I remember Chuck saying himself, that it is intended to hold not more than a small duffle. How much do you put on yours?

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Saddle Bags & Mounting Racks for CBXs

Post by Jim-Jim »

Well, as luck would have it, I have some news for you. An outfit in Germany (Hepco-Becker) make both mounting racks and moulded saddle bags that fit the CBX. They are 'top of the line' (read 'expensive') but they are made to do the job. There is only ONE importer in the US. Contact: "eurotechmotorsports.com" for their website. I took a look and it's a little confusing, so if you're truly interested, contact 'Chris Canterbury' at 530-345-7145. The Hepco bags are standard and fit all mounting racks they make for the various bike models. There is a rack mount for the 79-80 and a mount for the 81-82 (called 'ProLink). There is even a Top Mount for a bag on the top behind the passenger and a bag to fit it. Hepco-Becker make a whole series of bags and sizes to fit every pocket book, so check it out. Chris says they are working on setting up some 'Club Prices'. This importer is in Chico, CA (way up in Northern CA).

Jeffrey Blanding

'82 CBX Luggage Rack

Post by Jeffrey Blanding »

Regarding whether Chuck Ewing's Rack can be considered a TRUE "Luggage" Rack or not; you have me on that one...

His rack is Not Large; it is 'custom' and covers/protects the Tail Section.

I don't do any Heavy-duty or Two-up touring with my CBX. I use the rack Without a rear passenger and/or backrest; so the rack 'shares' the load with my rear seat, and does the job I bought it for: to protect my 'tail section' from scratches, etc.

It LOOKS Great, and does not look like an After-market addition to the CBX; it looks like the CBX "Originally" came with it (i.e. VERY Clean installation/mounting location, etc.)

I hope this helps...

Kev Watkins

Re: '82 CBX Luggage Rack

Post by Kev Watkins »

crapi77 wrote:Does anyone know if anyone makes a luggage rack for a CBX? If so,

where might you get one? Thanks, Dave

What replies did you get

Regards

Kev Watkins

CBXSUDBURY

82 CBX luggage rack

Post by CBXSUDBURY »

Last I spoke with Chuck he had sold his last one and this is back in July.

So I had one made and had it for my trip in August and was able to load it up pretty heavy. It is basically resembles the one Chuck has but I have added additional support that can bolt on the plate down by each rear flasher.

Any one interested in a picture of how it was loaded up and how it looks on the bike, are welcomed to email me lam@vianet.ca .

I'm sure I can have my welder do them at a reasonable price.

Yvon

CBX Sudbury Ontario...

erniebecky

Post by erniebecky »

I have a luggage rack for sale, but I'm in Australia.Just took one off a 81 cbx prolink.

Hondafours

Post by Hondafours »

Hey erniebecky do you still have the luggage rack for sale? I'm in New Zealand

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”