tubular handlebars

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

They are powder-coated, Rick. I remember the numbskull that did the work did not mask anything, so i had to put the Dremel to use.
With the "S" fairing and lowish bars it was a great fit for my riding style.

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

EMS wrote:I can powdercoat that gloss or satin black!
Wish you had told me earlier!! - I would have brought you a front wheel . . . . just like the one in the above photo ;)

Don

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:I bought one of the conversion kits from Rick years ago for my '80.
With some wide Superbike bars with a bit of a rise i was able to keep the stock throttle control. If you go too flat with the bars the throttle cables will bark the tank[guilty], and then you will have to get a Sportkit control.
Hi Steve

Nice.....

Another possible option to get around cables clearing is to use the 3 piece 1100f handlebars which are adjustable for pull back .... combine this with rotating the bars back or front and this gets some height adj also. Did the trick on ole RC003.

However...the 1100f bars do not have the nice and tidy look your one piece bar has.

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”