running

DevonCbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

running

Post by DevonCbx »

I've been riding my bike on a regular bases for the past several weeks. When I travel at about 100 kms an hour, the bike seems to run very well. When I come to a stop and then proceed to go through the gears sometimes it seems like bike is starving for fuel or something for a few seconds until I get to the speed I intend to stay at. When I got home I blew the air filter out and the bike seems to preform better. Could this :?: be a air problem?
Thanks

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I would guess partially blocked jetting, depending on the rev range what stage is the problem....
ICOA # 656

DevonCbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

running

Post by DevonCbx »

As I had said after a long period of riding, when I come to a stop and accelerate again, It sputters a bit until I get to about 6000 RPM. Then it runs quite well again.This happens periodically.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Sure the plugs aren't getting fouled with oil ( & then clearing) Duane ? Used to happen on my Norton Dominator (had bad valve guides...no seals) after town riding & would clear up after a short hard run...
ICOA # 656

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”