speedo (no comments, Vikki)

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

speedo (no comments, Vikki)

Post by cbxtacy »

I am going to take apart my speedometer and repair the odometer drive. If I need parts from another speedo, will the odometer drive from an 85 mph speedo work? I remember having one apart about 20+ years ago but can't remember anything else. I figure it will be easier to get an 85mph speedo for spare parts then a 140/150mph one.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I happen to have the OE 150 mph speedo from my 79 that I'm not using. A previous owner replaced it when something fell on it in his garage and broke the number plate, but oddly, not the clear lens or the needle, etc. He said it still worked but the broken number plate is rattling around inside and you can't read the speed under 70 mph due to the missing piece. Need some parts?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

George, if the span ( needle arc travel) is the same, the feedback spring will have a different spring rating, between the Joan Claybrook speedo & the 150 mph "Full Monty"......
ICOA # 656

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”