KZ600 Carbs for CBX's

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

KZ600 Carbs for CBX's

Post by jt »

Several years ago there was a article written up on one of the German web site about converting KZ600 (??) carbs to be used on the CBX. Is there anyone who has saved that info and might want to email it to me.

Thanks
JT
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

jt, the problem with two (or more) separate banks of carbs is syncronization. It is imperitive that the carbs are always in unison which is very difficult with this setup you inquire about. Ricks Tricks smoothbore setup, racked them all together in an attempt to address this problem. You may hear/read of successes but the reality is often hidden by the author/s...
I am not saying it cannot be successful but my experience has been that it is difficult ( cumbersome) to obtain for "daily street use".....
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Look into your stock Keihin throats & see where the restriction lies. The butterflies ( choke & throttle ) & their support rods/screws are are very restrictive in relationship to their throat diameters. In reducing & flowing their cross sectional areas ( at WFO ) will obtain the same benefits as the same carb conversion you speak about & remain stock. Drop the main jets on 1 & 6, as even the best flowed system on a CBX starves those cylinders of air.....
Be carefull as to leave enough "meat" to support the butterflies as you don't want to ingest those metal parts.....
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Let me just add, I'm no expert on this subject, just my humble opinion..... :wink:
ICOA # 656

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

Thanks for the replys guys.

JT
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”