Grips! What's your choice?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Grips! What's your choice?

Post by Terry »

I've used Grabbon grips in the past but what is the consensus on the (most) comfortable long distance/high speed riding grips? Your opinions please. :?:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Joe

Grips

Post by Joe »

I have been putting Gel grips on my bikes lately & like 'em... & here in Canada, might as well put the heaters underneath them while your at it..:).

Joe

Grips

Post by Joe »

I have been putting Gel grips on my bikes lately & like 'em... & here in Canada, might as well put the heaters underneath them while your at it..:).

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Up to now I've used Johar foam touring grips.They are bigger around and very comfortable long distance (carpal tunnel).I am going to be trying pro grip gels on my Concours for the first time.They are supposed to work better with grip heaters?
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Where can I find these Gel grips or the Johar touring grips?

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Dennis Kirk and most other mail order Johars $15-$20 Pro-grip $8-$10
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Thanks RIPPER, I just got their catalog in the mail and haven't even looked thru it yet. BTW, I like your signature, Freedom should (never) be free. Its too valuable!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Get a grip????

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey all,
I've used the Grab-On and the Johar foam grips over the years,the foam style grip works very well for me due to carpal tunnel syndrome(Ripper,I can sympathize!)and provides good comfort on long rides.I prefer the Johar grips as they are thicker and seem to last a bit better.The "cruise control"on my turbo bike is also a Godsend too(no,it's not WFO!) :lol: due to the carpal tunnel thing. 8) Terry,hope this helps out with your original question. :)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I'm looking at the Gel grips now and also some neoprene "comfort grip wraps" on p. 422 of the Kirk catalog. I had the CTS surgery on both hands a few years back and I'm glad I did. I use a throttle rocker on long rides and it (is) a help for the usual fatigue of (holding on) at speed on long trips. If anyone would like some details on CTS surgery, let me know. Thanks for the input.

900f2
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX's & Carpal tunnel??

Post by 900f2 »

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of CBX guys w/ Carpal tunnel syndrome.. I had to have the surgury a couple years ago & I know a couple other guys that have x's & have had the surgury...infact the only guys that I know of that have had carpal tunnel... are ALL CBX guys... maybe those six cylinders are just the right frequency?...
900F
PS I put snowmobile grip heaters under progel grips and Ahhhhhh they are wonderful...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carpal Tunnel/CBX

Post by EMS »

It's not all CBXers. :idea: Just the ones with the "Sport Kits" :) You know, being "cool" comes at a price. Sometimes it's good health :wink:

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Re: CBX's & Carpal tunnel??

Post by Don »

900f2 wrote:Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of CBX guys w/ Carpal tunnel syndrome..
I think it's just that most of us are "senior" to the rest of the population, so we see more of these type "aliments" ;)
900f2 wrote: PS I put snowmobile grip heaters under progel grips and Ahhhhhh they are wonderful...
Thank HEAVENS "grip heaters" aren't an issue down here on the Gulf Coast :shock:

Don

cb1100f
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cb1100f »

Seniors? Polls indicate that 88% of CBX owners are between 35 and 55 :D I've got OURY grips and like their feel.
[b]Glenn[/b]

'83 CB1100F , '82 CBX, '94 Wife

[url=http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1524][color=blue][b]Here's the CBF FAQs[/b][/color][/url]

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

CTS & the CBX...........

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey all,
Try hanging onto a turbocharged motorcycle(doesn't have to be a CBX either!)at full steam and your arms from your shoulders down to each individual finger joint will have a valiant attempt made by the motorcycle to separate all of the aforementioned joints............... :shock: :D

Steve P.

Grips

Post by Steve P. »

Must be the Geezerdom thing, I use the foam grips as well on the 80 "X" and the recently aquired 81 has stock grips with some kind of foam vented thingy over them. I also use a soft larger diameter rubber JC Whitney grips on my Gold Wing so it ain't the X problem. Between the CTS and CRS syndromes this age problem sucks. Personally I think that the fact that the CBX'ers seem to have these problems just shows that we aren't afraid to do our own work and have the intellect, glowing personalities and good looks to pull this off. Was that over the top ?

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”