Paintless Dent Removal

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Paintless Dent Removal

Post by Carl »

Does anyone know if is possible to have minor dents on a tank removed using this type of process?
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

i know a guy who does that dent removal...yes it works on gas tanks
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

There is a dealership in my area that had the system where an adapter is glued to the bottom of the dent and then pulled with a slidehammer. I had two tanks done there and then bought a similar system myself from Eastwood. Used it many times since and it works really well. On older tanks, it may lift the clearcoat though, and if the dent has creases in the metal it will not get the dent out completely.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Lots of companies Stateside that do dent removal, (dentwizard etc.) really depends on the size of the dent whether you are sucessful or not without aftermath work done.

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

I've used a glue based (not suction) dent puller on small dents and it works. I've used it on motorcycle gas tanks as well. These tools work best on open, flat areas. If there is a body line or crease nearby, I could see that being a problem. I have a tank now that I would like to use this tool on but the dents are too close to body lines. I'll need to use more conventional dent pullers.

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carl »

I have a very small shallow (almost invisible) crease on a ZRX tank. Bothers me to look at it. A frend of mine had a dent pulled out on a Ford Explorer's driver door. Said it took approx 30 minutes to accomplish. Said you would never know there was previous damage.
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Carl wrote:I have a very small shallow (almost invisible) crease on a ZRX tank. Bothers me to look at it. A frend of mine had a dent pulled out on a Ford Explorer's driver door. Said it took approx 30 minutes to accomplish. Said you would never know there was previous damage.

That is possible with these tools. Works better on shallow dents that are evenly shaped (such as a hail stone dent). A creased dent (such as a parking lot type dent) is not so easy to completely remove. Its definitely worth a try because it is unlikely to make things worse on newer paint.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”