20 tooth offset countershaft sprocket

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cbxtacy wrote:The fan clutch on my truck won't engage to spin the fan. If I sit there idling, the engine overheats. When I'm moving it's okay with the breeze blowing through the engine bay but it was warm and muggy in Austin, TX last night.

George: That is really strange. The fan clutches in these big Internationals are pneumatic and they are set up with the failure mode engaged, i.e.: if no air pressure, the fan runs all the time. It makes sense this way. if anything is wrong in the control circuit the fan should run all the time, rather than stopping.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Sorry, Mike, the fan don't engage. I'm sitting at the Flying J in Texarkana, AR without a load and sweltering (it's not really too bad and I can go inside if I want to) because the engine will shut itself off after about 15 minutes idling.

I really believe if you catch an emergency flight to Texarkana and repair my truck, your company will re-imburse you. Would a truck driver lie to you?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

just be thankful it's not july :lol: :lol:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

George, there is indeed a system on the older trucks ( I just assumed you had the latest and greatest equipment) where the solenoid needs air to engage the fan. In any case, there should be a way to lock that fan into the running mode.

Some trucks have a fan clutch control bypass switch in the cab.

If not, try to find the solenoid. It may either be on the firewall or close to the fan in front of the engine. You can locate it by tracing the wires from the fan clutch. If you disconnect these wires, the fan should run. I hope.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

There's a fan override on the dash. When I flip it, the light comes on but the fan still does not turn. If it get's hot, I'll look for the switch mechanism under the hood. It's a 2001 International with over 700,000 miles. Time to sell it and buy a new truck.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

415ZR1
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: 20 tooth offset countershaft sprocket

Post by 415ZR1 »

Offset
Last edited by 415ZR1 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

George, Here are some made on ebay. Go to CBX WORLD and check under items for sale and you will see what we are talking about. #140044203987 Louis www.usedcbxparts.com

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”