Sport Kit Throttle Control

wilco
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Sport Kit Throttle Control

Post by wilco »

I have installed sport kit handle bars on my 79 X. I am trying to find a sport kit throttle control (the one where the throttle cables exit through the top of the control).

A seller on ebay is advertising a sport kit control that will fit CB750F, CB900F and CB1100F. He is also indicating that the control may fit a CBX. Can anyone confirm this? The throttle part numbers are A-#17910-425-611 and B - #17920-425-611.

WW
W. Wilcox

Cobourg, Ontario

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

I can tell you that it may fit and work, but the wiring and controls are just a tad bit different, maybe not to the look or eye but all the pieces do not interchange, so you'll have to use the complete assy/control. Found that out by trying to replace just a couple of pieces from my stock control, bought a couple of other Honda controls that look exactly alike and function the same but the individual pieces would not interchange. My guess is that the sport control for the bikes you are refering to will work on the CBX but you may have to change the plug on the end of the wiring harness, I think the CBX uses a big white (maybe 9 pin) plug and the other bikes use a much smaller red (same 9 wires) plug.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”