Insurance

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Insurance

Post by real6 »

When a person owns multiple motorcycles and has them all insured to ride, is there any "break" for multiple bikes vs one? My insurance company is telling me that each bike is full rate, yet my contention is that since I can't ride them all at once that their liability is reduced. How about companies that specialize in motorcycle insurance...anybody got any input?

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Insurance

Post by fasterspider »

real6 wrote:When a person owns multiple motorcycles and has them all insured to ride, is there any "break" for multiple bikes vs one? My insurance company is telling me that each bike is full rate, yet my contention is that since I can't ride them all at once that their liability is reduced. How about companies that specialize in motorcycle insurance...anybody got any input?
I am hearing that Progressive has the best deals on Motorcycle insurance here in California.

We will be finding out very soon too because 21st Century is pissing me off.

I have four bikes needing insurance but only two are insured.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

Thanks Ray. I'm with State Farm so I'm willing to change, let me know how it goes. Hey, I'm gonna put 900F front calipers on my 79 and one day using the 39mm forks too...any suggestions from NoHo?

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

real6 wrote:Thanks Ray. I'm with State Farm so I'm willing to change, let me know how it goes. Hey, I'm gonna put 900F front calipers on my 79 and one day using the 39mm forks too...any suggestions from NoHo?

If you want to keep your CBX Mickey cluster, buy a late model CBX or a Euro/Australian/Canadian CB900F triple tree.

If you put a CB900F triple clamp in, use a hydrolic press to remove the pin from the CBX clamp and to insert it to the CB900F clamp.

I did not think my build all the way thru before I started it, I just plowed in to it blind and came away looking different but still good. You may want to keep that 79 150 mph CBX cluster though, I had a 79 CB750F cluster that needed a home and I hate Mickey Mouse and all Disney resembling garbage anyways and had no problem losing my Mickey Cluster.

So make sure that you have every move done in your head first (or on paper) before you embark on the swap.

"Think it thru!" is the best advice I can give here.

Oh yeah, do not forget the steel braided lines.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”