throttle housing

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

throttle housing

Post by real6 »

My 79 throttle housing is broken (top half)-what are the interchanges with other years of CBX or any other Honda product?

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

If you have the sport kit, [cables come out of the top] I am not sure but the regular throttle [cables out the bottom] 650, 750, 900 Honda Customs of the same era should fit.

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: throttle housing

Post by fasterspider »

real6 wrote:My 79 throttle housing is broken (top half)-what are the interchanges with other years of CBX or any other Honda product?
The problem you are going to experience if you use any switch other than a 79 CBX switch is the connectors on the 79 are gigantic in comparison to any of the other CB's that have similar looking switches.

If you can get the top part of the plastic loose from a switch (any CB-F, K, SC or C) without breaking it, it will fit on the 79's.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

Hey, I've been to the salvage yard and taken one off a 900F and the top halves do not seem to interchange. They look exactly alike, but they are cut different in relation to one another. If you used the top and bottom it would be okay, but at this point I'm still looking for just the top.

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Throttle Housing

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

I can help, send me a e-mail with info about what you need and a address and I will get back to you about it.

Cheers, Tom

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”