i need an answer please help.

merlin12
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

i need an answer please help.

Post by merlin12 »

Hi Can any one help me ,what do you get in a cbx sports pack?.

are the handle bars shorter like european model?,any replies greatfully received :) thanks.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Well, not shorter, just lower I believe. The peg assembly is also towards the rear somewhat, but not like actual rearsets. Probably better in the twisties but not for the long haul IMO.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: i need an answer please help.

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

merlin12 wrote:Hi Can any one help me ,what do you get in a cbx sports pack?.

are the handle bars shorter like european model?,any replies greatfully received :) thanks.

In my view the Early Model Sport Kit Clip Ons are far too short for the twisties and the weight of CBX. Their angle is awkward and uncomfortable also and this is especially true on a long ride in my view.

In short if you want clipons for superior feedback and riding position plus your intend to ride your CBX fast in the twisties and straights the OEM Sport Kit Clipons are not for you ....again in my view.

Here is a photo of 37mm Interceptor clip on installed on my early model that has 39mm 1100f fork tubes. I added 3/4" to them and the results were amazing. Power steering basically. Far more comfortable than CBX OEM Sport Kit and alot cheaper.

The bottom part of the Sport Kit is superior and the best part of this kit by far. It moves the pegs back a modest 3/4" or so and this is wonderful in all respects.

I really dont know the difference, if any, between the Euro and USA Sport Kit clip ons............I always thought they were the same for the early models

Mike

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: i need an answer please help.

Post by fasterspider »

Mike Brown Barone #123 wrote:
merlin12 wrote:Hi Can any one help me ,what do you get in a cbx sports pack?.

In my view the Early Model Sport Kit Clip Ons are far too short for the twisties and the weight of CBX. Their angle is awkward and uncomfortable also and this is especially true on a long ride in my view.

In short if you want clipons for superior feedback and riding position plus your intend to ride your CBX fast in the twisties and straights the OEM Sport Kit Clipons are not for you ....again in my view.

Here is a photo of 37mm Interceptor clip on installed on my early model that has 39mm 1100f fork tubes. I added 3/4" to them and the results were amazing. Power steering basically. Far more comfortable than CBX OEM Sport Kit and alot cheaper.

The bottom part of the Sport Kit is superior and the best part of this kit by far. It moves the pegs back a modest 3/4" or so and this is wonderful in all respects.

I really dont know the difference, if any, between the Euro and USA Sport Kit clip ons............I always thought they were the same for the early models

Mike
Hey Mike when you put the 1100f tubes on the bike, did you buy longer fork tubes or are they Euro/Canadian tubes that are longer from the factory for the clip on application?

Or did you lower the ride height?
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”