82 seat trade anyone?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

82 seat trade anyone?

Post by Terry »

I think I need a different one. Mine came with a perfectly good Corbin dual touring seat with removable passenger backrest and as nice as it is, I don't need it. I do need a comfortable seat (are the stock seats very comfy?) but I seldom ride with anyone behind me so when I tour I have a tailbag behind me on the seat. I've also learned that the deep scoop in the seat makes the riding position a bit lower than say, my 79's seat, which causes my legs to bend more at the knee than I prefer, especially on long rides. On a different bike, I crashed onto my right knee a few years back anyway so I don't enjoy bending the knee anymore than I have to. The seat height is fine on the 79 but after a long ride on the 82 my knees and thighs stiffen up more than they should.

Now, if anyone would want to trade, someone with a significant other who would benefit from the backrest for example, how would we do it? Trade the entire seat and tail section? Aren't they kind of (attached) to eachother?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Is this thing on :?: :) Can anyone tell me how comfy a stock 82's seat is? Good enough or would you swap it out for an aftermarket seat ASAP?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”