Mirrors?

Six Appeal
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Mirrors?

Post by Six Appeal »

Happy New Year to all in the forum, and thanks for the continued help through my first year of ownership.

At the risk of sounding REAL dumb, are the mirrors on the '82 fairing supposed to be adjustable? I don't see anything in the owner's manual about them, or on this board. I see more of myself in them than anything behind me... and they sure don't seem like they WANT to be moved, so I don't want to break them.

Thanks,

John

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Yeah, they ratchet (click) fore and aft with a bit of pressure but it is a little disconcerting when you try it for the first time. :)
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Six Appeal

Post by Six Appeal »

Thanks, Terry.... you'd think they could have at least MENTIONED that in the user's manual :o .

gazelle

82 fairing morrors

Post by gazelle »

Am I correct in "assuming" that the mirrors "ratchet" within the body of the mirror body since the stalks themselves have a "breakaway feature " ???(i.e. they move but return to their original position). Bought the bike in July but do not yet have it "home"...gotta ride 130 miles to where it is presently "domiciled"....Thanks much.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”