Replacement and NOS Keys

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Replacement and NOS Keys

Post by Carl »

I managed to lose the key to my '82 on a recent ride. Anyway I figured I should pass on the following sites and email addresses in case anyone needs some replacement keys:

www.motorcyclekeys.com has some nice copies of original blanks and some NOS keys albeit pricey

www.hondakeys.com came up with two NOS keys ($7.00 ea)

You can also email the following people:

ricksvintage@aol.com Rick had one NOS key ($7.00)

barrysulkn@aol.com Barry-didn't have my key

I had a key made in NYC today for some Honda bags that I sold and the locksmith charged $7.50 for a Honda copy with black plastic top.

I'm still looking for some other CBX keys. I'd be interested in knowing if any member has any other leads on NOS keys.....

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

I bought a box of 50 Silka 31R key blanks years ago when I started cutting keys. They do not have the black head like the Honda blanks but good for spares. They also fit 650-750-900 Honda`s of the same era.

The 39r has the groove on the left and some take the Silka 39R with the groove on the right.

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

broook wrote:The 39r has the groove on the left and some take the Silka 39R with the groove on the right.

Sorry the 31R has the groove on the left.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”