MR Turbo kits

426 Hemi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

MR Turbo kits

Post by 426 Hemi »

I was talking to a bike shop today and got this info second hand .. he said he had talked to MR Turbo on the phone ... They told the have no plans to do anymore CBX turbos BUT if they had orders for 10 units they would build them....I would be in for one myself and have money to do it.. Any others want one ??? If so post it here and i'll call them myself and see what the next steps and cost would be ...Lee..
If it doesn't have a big motor i'll walk..

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Lee, If your thinking of counting me, count me in. :dance: Rich

426 Hemi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Talked to MR turbo today

Post by 426 Hemi »

Well guys i had a long chat with Terry @ Mr Turbo ..He said that they have tossed most all the parts to make a CBX turbo kit ..BUT if we have 10 prepaid orders we would make them!! Now the not so good news, They will 5K for a kit!! He said it would be a new Kit and nothing like the old CBX turbo kit , New pipes, new style Carb and up grade turbo and fuel system ..More bad news he would need to get a loaner CBX from one of us to built a new turbo kit.. So the way i see it is COOL factor 100% :D , cost factor BUMBER .. :cry: Lee ...

sixofsix
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Turbo Kits

Post by sixofsix »

hmmmm. the thought plickins........er..the plot thickens...........only eight more participants....and Turbo CBX's will rollin' down the boulevards again....... :idea:

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

hi guys

you might contact tims, cbxman and cbx performance to see if one of them or all of them would go in on this with you

dont have a clue about how the details would work ...that would be up to them and you

just an idea

mike

426 Hemi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by 426 Hemi »

Mike Brown Barone #123 wrote:hi guys

you might contact tims, cbxman and cbx performance to see if one of them or all of them would go in on this with you

dont have a clue about how the details would work ...that would be up to them and you

just an idea

mike
Mike great idea... Mike who on this CBX board has had the most contact with the CBXMAN and CBX perfromance.. someone that might have a little in with these guys? They don't know me from Adam and might not take me for a real player..If we can find someone that was worked with them in the past it maybe a big help ..Lee..

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

hi lee

rich pleines (icoa xpress advertising mgr).... and i have most contact with cbx vendors. rick and i both know dennis/cbxman and bill brint/tims personally and each have talked to bob franzkie/cbx perf alot.

there are three ways to contact them

1. i do it

2. rich does it for you

3. rich or i gives you their email address/phones and you contact them

think on it and let me know.

mike

mike

Land_Shark
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Land_Shark »

For $5k you could probably piece one together yourself and come out with a decent setup?

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”