I have just bought a CBX1000 39000km registered as an 81 but from other websites engine numbers etc and its color ( white ) I think it is an 82.
I have a heap of questions I would like assistance with.
1. The engine runs very poorly from idle to about 2800 rpm as if it was a 5 cylinder, and then once past this point pulls very well and cleanly to 9500, with no shortage of power, the bike shop was fiddling with the screws under some of the carbs trying to correct it.
So the question is, what could cause this and can the carbs be stripped for cleaning without replacing gaskets or do the gaskets fall apart when opened, I do not think it has been opened before but aparently stood for a number of years and from some of the forums replies I guess I have to figure out how to tilt the engine forward ( do I need to remove chain, exhausts etc ).
2. The plastic parts need fixing can they be fiberglassed or is this a job for a pro, also I do not have the lower fairing pieses does anyone have a set or a drawing to manufacture these in fiberglass stc.
3. There is a rattle form the clutch cover, again from your replies I suspect the primary chain ( maybe a little of the poor running at idle as well ) how do I measure oil pressure to the adjuster ( where ) and what should the pressure be, where are the seals that wear and how do I replace them.
4. What is the correct fork oil level and measured how.
5. Does anyone have a good close up photo of the front of the engine as I need to find out what is missing where the cam chain adjuster is or was as some clown has put a heap of silocone over this spot.
Thanks in advance.