The ICOA WEB SITE

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

The ICOA WEB SITE

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

For two days there's no activity on the forum. No new posts, etc.

Are we up and running? Broke? Has someone pulled the plug?

Are all the chiefs in Daytona?

:( :evil: :roll: :?:

Later, George in Delaware
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

George,

Maybe everyone was out riding? I know that is what I was doing on the X on Monday afternoon. I enjoyed myself for about 75 miles and then realized I had not dressed quite warm enough. The last 25 miles we a little cool. And the last 10 miles were on some fun roads but there was so much sand from the recent snow that I had to be careful.

But it was a fun outing!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

No activity

Hey, Harv thanks for the reply.

It was just a little strange for no one to post anything on here for a couple days.

I hope every ones riding.. I have a lot of work today now,, the snow caved in the roof on the storage building where a CBX and old Gold Wing where stored. It is not pretty, every things out of the structure now but it may be a while before I'm able to ride either bike.

I hope you did better in your area and be careful on the sand. Thats almost as bad as leaves.

I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Yeah, riding on the sand can be bad, especially when it causes you to tuck the front end when riding on the beach and fall over and land on some hot chick, in a bikini, sunning herself. We have that problem with sand here in San Diego that you must have there.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Sorry to hear about your storage shed. That is horrible! Hopefully the bikes are not hurt too bad.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I know the web-site needs an overhaul and I know that people are working on it. But is it SO difficult to navigate that a question about the posting traffic on the web-site is being placed in the "Other Technical: Won't Run Right,Centerstands,Chains, Fairings, Gas Tanks, Oil Filters, Gauges, petcocks, Seats, Speedos" section? :? :?:
No wonder that those guys who can only read e-mails complain about the forum..... :roll:

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

EMS, you are so correct. And if I had moderator/admin authority I would move this thread to a more appropriate area.

But to confess, I just hit the button to View Posts since last Visit and George's post came up. I never really looked to see where it was.

Once you learn to navigate forums they are usually rather easy, almost like reading email.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Guys

I tried to contact that directors, but was unable to get the message to go thru.

So, I picked a place and sent the message regarding no traffic and suggested maybe the site was broken.

Looking back, maybe it would have been better to contact one of the moderators.

My condolences if I ruffled any feathers.

And yes, I have little to contribute at this point and I'am a lurker or reader more than a poster.

I just wish to take part in any small way and I'm open to any suggestions regarding the best place to direct such problems.

And Yes, I'm on the site daily and try to keep up on it all.

TerryL
ICOA Travel Director
ICOA Travel Director

Post by TerryL »

Ride em if ya got em....

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Apologies from my side, I have had a lot going on recently including the stress related to living with a menopausal woman, 24-7... :? OH BOY !

Wish me luck... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

TerryL
ICOA Travel Director
ICOA Travel Director

Post by TerryL »

"But to confess, I just hit the button to View Posts since last Visit and George's post came up. I never really looked to see where it was."

Like Harvey I click on the same thing when I come here and if you think about it, its (sort of) in the right place, under 'Won't Run Right' :lol: but no apologies necessary for me. I understand the site's going thru a phase and eventually it (we) will merge or migrate into the new one. As my thread agreed with this one, I just thought something might be wrong due to the lack of new threads on a Monday morning. My sign in problem should disappear once we migrate...right Nils :?: :) and Nils, don't get ruffled about inquiries. Some of us don't know the full extent of your involvement or any timetable for when the site might be changed. When something doesn't seem right we tend to mention something about it, sometimes forgetting that its in the works as we speak.

BTW, that XPress by Xmas...its March already, where is it? See? Just a gripe. :? :) And Larry, you have my sympathy. PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) on top of a menopausal woman 24/7...well, you be careful right? :roll: :lol:
Ride em if ya got em....

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

TerryL wrote: And Larry, you have my sympathy. PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) on top of a menopausal woman 24/7...well, you be careful right? :roll: :lol:
I'm treading very carefully Terry.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

I know how you feel Larry, very similar situation here. That is why I go into the garage:

My 900F Resurrection Project:

Steve

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Must be a CBXer thing.... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”