New?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

New?

Post by EMS »

I may be behind everybody, but I didn't know that Continental was offering tires in CBX stock sizes. This may be an alternative to the Spitfire S11, which are slightly less, but, to me, don't have a very appealing tread pattern.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Those Conti's look like old patterns of Metz & Michelins.... I agree, a lot more visually appealing than Spitfires... :?
ICOA # 656

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

I try not to look at my tires while riding :? :?

But seriously, the snow-tire-ish looking S-11's do work very well, and last quite a while also.

My front S-11 is going to be good for 20k, the rear was good for almost 10k of fairly spirited riding.

I am now running a Kenda K657 on the rear, and am very pleased with the grip it provides. Now comes some sacrilege for the NOS - Mint - Garage / Trailer Queen crowd: It sticks very well in the rain also :twisted:

Steve

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am on my second set of Conti Road-Attacks on my top useage bike and that's because of the excellent mileage I got out of the first set (9000 miles). That's why I was intrigued by the Contis being available for the CBX.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

I wonder how the Contis would compare to my favorites -- the Bridgestone BT45's?

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Z Grand wrote:I wonder how the Contis would compare to my favorites -- the Bridgestone BT45's?
Good q...

I ran 45s when I had stock rims and liked them alot. Good price also. However I would give the Contis a try.....heck it is just a tire set and given we all ride 6-8k miles a year on our CBXs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...if they dont work it is only one riding season til they are worn out.

Contis seem to be having good test reports in the magazines.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

Z Grand wrote:I wonder how the Contis would compare to my favorites -- the Bridgestone BT45's?
I don't think anything (in CBX sizes) is as flat out grippy as the BT-45's . . . . and probably nothing wears out faster

I'm getting right at 4K on the rears and the front looks like it'll make it to 8K . . . . but I'm not complaining one bit - They're not just worn out in the center either ;)

GREAT tire!

Don

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I'll report in on the BT45s on my Prolink once they have a few more thousand miles on them. So far, after almost two thousand miles, no complaints. I have a set of Avon AM26 Roadriders on my 79 and so far I like them too. Once they have a few thousand miles on them I'll report back. They worked perfectly on my five Sierra pass ride recently.

http://www.bikernet.com/avon/PageViewer.asp?PageID=2086
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”